Maternal & Child Community
Low HCG level/Spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Low HCG level/Spotting

This is pregnancy #7 I have no living children. Past history of ovarian cancer 1997 & 2001. No meds.taken :)

Please look at dates of events-
LMP - Aug.7th

9/05 - Missed period
9/14 - dr. bleeding after sex
9/15 - Pos home pt
9/16 - two neg urine pt at my doc off
9/17 - + blood test w/HCG 200
9/19 - spot after masturbation
9/20 - + blood test w/HCG 270
9/23 - 2am spotting. no clots or other bleeding but for this time
9/24 - 3:45am spotting.Had sex no bleeding, no other bleeding

My breasts are swollen, no cramping or any other spotting. I have backaches throughout the past four weeks but the nurse said that's normal. I can't get in to see my doctor until 10/03. Help! :0
Hcg levels are supposed to double every 2-3 days.  Now, from my own experience, I learned that in the only in the very first week of conception, sometimes it can be a bit slow in doubling...but that is usually the exception, not the rule.  You should make it clear to the dr. office if they don't get you in now, that you are going to switch to a dr. that can accommodate. I found that out the hard way.  If you don't have a dr. you can rely on to answer questions and to put fears to rest, you'll go crazy trying to figure out what's going on or what could happen.  Good luck to you...I hope it works out.  Keep us posted.
Thank you for the advise. :) How do I figure my dpo? My lmp was 08/07 - 08/9. My cycle is 30 days. Can you help? The earliest he can see me is Friday.

LMP 08/07/03. I believe I ovulated late. Im at 270 HCg so approx in my 4-5 week? Does that sound right? Is trickling dark blood considered the same as spotting. This occured the past two early mornings which woke me up out of a sound sleep. No clots, cramping or foreign objects passed.

I did feel a heaviness on my lower ab, after standing in the kitchen for 3 hours. So I sat down to rest and had the same trickling of a few drops of dk. red blood when I pushed to have a bm. I put myself on pelvic rest and listens to my body when I need to rest. I still feel lightheaded, breasts still huge and I got my first OB/GYN appointment bumped to Monday. Wish me luck.
That is hard to say, everyone "o's" at different times.  You can use the BBT method, CM method, buy the "o" kits..but that is all for future use.  Not much of a way to find out now when you 'o'ed this last time.  I believe the average woman, with an average cycle, average day of ovulation is day 14 of her cycle.  So that should give you an idea of when it might! of happened.
The Hcg scale ranges from such extremes it's hard to say by that number alone how far long you are.  As for the spotting, I regretfully hate to say this, but that is how my m/c started.  You are right to stay off your feet, try to relax..and call your dr. --tell him what you are experiencing.  Maybe he can offer some additional suggestions, maybe even get you in earlier to your appt. Or without you being able seeing your ob and if you are in pain...don't hesitate a trip to the ER.  I wish you the very best and pray that things work out for you.
Sorry, just one more thing...don't ever give up hope.  This is not an exact science and every person's body is different and there is always a chance, but you have to have faith and hope.
Sorry, just one more thing...don't ever give up hope.  This is not an exact science and every person's body is different and there is always a chance for something good to happen.
Well todays the big day. I get my first u/s. So we shall see if the lilguy has made it. I did have a  scare of bleeding on Friday evening. I went to the ER but it was a 4 hour wait she asked how many pads was I going through. I told her none, it just happens sporatically for a few secs then stops. Nothing, then it happens again. No clotting, no cramping.. I was freaking out Friday... I rested all weekend and then Sunday same thing in the afternoon. Humm?? Hopefully by the end of today I'll get my answers. I just am pretty darn frustrated at my OB.Even though he just got back from vacation on Wed. and I left messages for him since Wednesday. I do regret going in on Friday even if there was a triple booking and a three hour wait.  Well still my hope is notlost! :)
Hi there.  I am new to this site and I was wondering how was your appt?  I hope all went well.  I am in the same boat but probably more so in one that is about to sink.  Very interested in your outcome. Baby dust to all!!
Hi Ladies:

I had my first pelvic u/s. No ectopic! Yeh! I saw the baby attached in my uterus. He measured it and said about 6.5 weeks, but I couldn't see it very well due to it being an old machine. I was relieved but am anxious to see the heartbeat.I asked to be put on Progestogene and he did. So hopefully that'll help :) I have not had any more of that scarry bleeding since but when I  wipe once in a while I have dk pink blood. Normally it's after a BM, standing a long time or after doing streneous activity - like house cleaning. I went to bed at 8:30pm last night to rest my body. I hope all goes well with my lilguy! I felt two sharp pains earlier this morning but it went away.Hopefully it's just gas :) he he. Im still scared. Im due 05/14/04. I go for HCG blood levels again and see what they are. My hopes high, they should be over 10K+. So I'll keep you posted. Email me if you want at ***@****. Good lucK to you!
Congrats hun, good luck xx