Low Heart Rate 6 weeks
I went in for an emergency U/S (my first one as well).  Because I have been having brown spotting all weekend with mild cramps.  I am between 6 and 7 weeks pregnant for the first time.  The baby is smaller then what the dr would like compaired to the yolk sack and the heart rate was at 98.    I am being monitored for low progesterone (taking the pill form) and hcg level is around 9600.  I am going back next week for another U/S.  Advice and Prayers please!!

Hi!
Normally a gestational sac with a yolk sac appears at about 5 weeks (calculated from your last missed period date) of pregnancy and can be well visualized by 6 weeks on a transvaginal (through a vagina) ultrasound (so it can be missed at 5 weeks), when you can see a fetal pole too.
Normally at 6 weeks fetal heart rate (FHR) cannot be monitored or heard. A dopplar usually catches this by 8-9 weeks and at times as late as 10-12 weeks. Hence, according to me there is no need to really panic yet. Hence, you may need one or two ultrasounds to really see whether the baby is growing well or not. Also, doubling blood HCG levels estimated at 48 hours intervals are a good indication of pregnancy carrying forward. So ask for this test. All the best! Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I just got new results in for my blood test my progesterone shot up from 5.5 to 55 but my HCG levels only rose from 9600 to 12500.   I am no longer experiencing cramping and there is little to no brown spotting.   I am going in for another U/S on Tuesday.  What are your thoughts on the HCG levels not doubling like they should.  Are my odd's increasing?