Maternal & Child Community
Low Pelvic Pain/Pressure @ 18+ Weeks...Normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have been having low pelvic pain/pressure.  I am 18w5d.  This gets really painful if I have been sitting in a chair or crouching down for a minute or more.  When I try to stand up it hurts so bad I want to cry and I can tolerate a lot of pain.  Is this normal for this stage of pregnancy?  I have never made it this far...2 previous m/c.  I have placenta previa and was wondering if this coudl be causing it or if it is just normal pressure for being this far along.  I am going to my doctor tomorrow and will ask then but just wanted some advice from people who have been through this.  Thanks for any input.  
Im not sure exactly but I do know I experienced the same pain but I was in my 2nd trimester. It suxed and never went away. Especially when laying down and switching possitions, (rolling over.) Uhg the worse. Have you asked your doc??
I am 25w6d and I am having lots of pressure and pain too.  I have had it for a few weeks especially when I get up from laying down.  Last week it got really bad, so I called the dr. and went in, he checked me and everything was fine, no dialation.  He said pressure can be a symptom of preterm labor or sometimes pressure is just pressure, but it feels more like a stabbing pain on my pelvic bone to me.  I hope it gets better for you.
I to know what you mean.  I'm 23 weeks today, and have been having this type of pain for several weeks now.  It comes and goes, but it's definetly uncomfortable.

Sometimes it feels like the baby wants to come out.  I know it's not preterm labor, since I have had 2 babies before, but I don't remember this type of pain.

I'm going to ask my dr. next week at my apt. about the pressure/pain and see if it's concerning or just normal pregnancy stuff.

Let me know what your dr says to you in the meantime when you talk to him/her.
I am 19 weeks today.  I have been having pains from time that are very low in my pelvis...almost in my croch.  It has happened when I walk and it keeps me from walking for a minute b/c it hurts.  It usually will occur if I have been sitting with my legs crossed for a little while.  I do have some type of low pelvic pain and pressure as well.  I would definatley bring it up to your doc though if you have previa....that could be the culprit as well and I am sure they will want to monitor that very closely.  
I'm suffering from the same condition since about 20 weeks, and I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant. In medical terms it's called Pubic Symphysis, you can look it up on the Internet. It only gets worse, so ask your OBGYN to refer you to a Physical Therapist (that's what I'm doing right now).
I have this exact same thing (I'm 19w3d).  If I stand up too fast I'll double over for about thirty seconds while it subsides.  I also was urinating one day and it was so bad!  I stood up and could barely walk.  Then my back started cramping.  I think it's all normal.  The good news is that we're getting to the stage where we feel movement regularly, so whenever I feel like I killed the baby, I just patiently wait for movement, and when I feel it, I'm all "you're alive!!!!"  And then I wait for the next freaky thing to happen to start the cycle all over again.  lol... :)
Hi. I am 27 weeks but thinking back to around 18, I dont remember having any pain or pressure at all.  The only thing i do remember is feeling weight on my blatter like I had to "go" really bad like ever half hour.  But nothing like you described.  Please talk to your dr. I've heard that to much pressure from the placenta can cause the cervix to open.  Just be sure to talk to your dr.
I will post tomorrow as to what the dr says when I go in the am.  Thanks to all for advice!!  
Please post when you get back from your appointment.  I am having alot of pressure and pain today and I wanted to know what your Dr. said.
Back from the dr.  He thinks the pressure is a combination of scar tissue stretching with uterus and also had some bacteria in my urine.  Not a lot but enough that he wants to start me on an antibiotic before i get a fullblown infection.  So I don't know if that helps any of you but I since I have had 3 laproscopic surgeries and 2 D&C's I have a lot of scar tissue.  I have to go back to high risk dr in a week for another 3D/4D ultrasound.  Hope this helps.
I'm 20 weeks and I just got up out of bed to go to the toilet and although there was no pain, I felt a mild dropping or pulling sensation in my vagina/uterus. I will definitely talk with my doc about this today and also go enrol in a course of pregnancy pilates. I might not have strong enough pelvic floor muscles. Talk with your doctors, ladies. They are the experts eh. Good luck xx