Maternal & Child Community
Low Progesterone and HCG Levels at 17 Days Past Ovulation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low Progesterone and HCG Levels at 17 Days Past Ovulation

I have recently had 2 miscarriages and I am now pregnant for the third time.  The first 2 were unexplained losses.  With this new pregnancy, I had my HCG and Progesterone checked at 4.3wks or 17 DPO and it was 174HCG and 10 Progesterone.  My Dr. immediately put me on Prometrium 200mg 2x a day.  My questions are  #1 what are the chances of miscarriage with levles that low?  Have there been successful pregancies with levels that low? Does low levels always indicate egg abnormalities? #2 Does prometrium cause cramps (not sharp) more or less bloating and disomfort.  I am not spotting but I have a   "heavy" feeling with pressure in the uterus area.  It is a constant ache, mild not like period cramps.  Thank you so much.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had asked a similar question - see question on post.  I'm going on Prometrium tonight.  I'm going to using it vaginally.  Are you?  I had an IUI yesterday and so the prometrium is supposed to maintain a pregnancy, prevent my period from coming on if the egg actually gets fertilized.
Blank
A friend of mine is in nursing school and did his last rotation in OB/GYN.  I also have low progesterone and my doc put me on Progesterone supp. 25mg 2x daily. I was curious what "normal" levels were so my buddy  printed me out some things from his book. (By the way, i am 4wk4days, so we are close)
Progesterone levels: First trimester-  9-47ng/ml
HCG levels: 4weeks: 5-426mIU/ml
            5weeks: 18-7,340mIU/ml

My doc told me that there is such a broad range of levels that I shouldn't be alarmed by any numbers unless they are going down. Keep your head up and be hopeful, I am.
Blank
I don't know much about the level but I can tell you early on in my pregnancy I had lots of bloating and dull ache feeling in the uterus area. I am now 20 weeks. I would say the feeling is normal.
Blank
Thanks everyone.  I am taking prometrium orally.  I guess I just have to wait until my first sonogram on Sept 15 to see if things look good.  Thanks for the information. I feel less stressed.  The waiting game stinks!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank