Aa
A
A
Close
Low Progesterone and HCG Not Doubling
Hello,

Please give me your honest advice - the doctor says I am not out of the woods yet.

LMP: 9/29
HcG Levels:
11/16: 19,000
11/18: 24,700
11/20: 36,111
11/23: 47,819
11/27: 63,998
12/2: 81,994
12/5: 88,765

I have had two u/s and both show a fetus, but the baby is smaller than expected to be by dates.  I guess I am so nervous because I have had two miscarriages already.

Does anyone know of a successful pregnancy when HcG levels have not doubled - not even close?

Thanks.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You mentioned that you have low progesterone, so are you taking progesterone supplements? Did you see a heart beat at your ultrasounds? I know a lot of doctors say that as long as the hcg is rising it doesn't necessarily have to double. Mine more than doubled even after I lost the baby at 8.5 weeks so hcg levels aren't always the best indication for a viable pregnancy (as long as they're not dropping). I think that by 8-9 weeks you should be monitered by u/s.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My hcg levels at 3wks3days was 51,000 and my progesterone level at 2 weeks was 14 which the doctor said was normal.  But everyones hcg levels seem to be more lower than mine as well as websites I have found.  So if anyone can tell me about those I would appreciate it.  They did an u/s at 2 weeks and couldn't find anything of course not it was too early next week I will be 5 weeks so we will see where I am at.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
definatly not all women hcg levels double everybodys bodys are different as long as its rising that is a good sign.oh yeah doctors always tend to scare there patients hope everything goes ok for you best of luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi everyone and thanks for your comments.  Yes, I am taking progesterone suppositories.  I guess the other thing that is scaring me is that I just don't feel pregnant - no morning sickness, no bloating.  My breasts have stopped hurting and don't seem as big as they were a couple of weeks ago.  Of course, this could all be in my head.  

Does anyone know of a situation like this where someone goes on to have a successful pregnancy?

Thanks and best of luck to all of you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Low Progesterone and HCG Not Doubling
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703