Maternal & Child Community
Low Progesterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Low Progesterone

Hi, I am currently 5 weeks and my prog level was a 6.5 then dropped to a 5 with in 48 hours.  I Started progesterone cream the minute the b/w came back the next day! Is there any chance that this cream will save this pregnancy or am i just holding on to a hopless dream?  
If it is a problem with only your progesterone, it will work wonders and you will keep your pregnancy.  If there are others factor that are causing your progesterone to be low, by taking the cream it will not save it.  It was good you caught it at 5 weeks and are taking the cream now.  It saved my pregnancy and many others on here, so hopefully your low levels are only due to low levels of progesterone.  Good luck and keep us posted on how it is working for you!
Progesterone also comes in a capsule that you put in as a suppository.  I don't know if the cream is better and that is why the doc prescribed it, but go for it in whatever form.  It won't hurt a pregnancy, and as babyscience says, if the only problem in a pregnancy is low progesterone, it will solve that problem.  Good luck!