Maternal & Child Community
Low fetal movement at 30 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Low fetal movement at 30 weeks

Im 19 y/o and expecting my first baby. Im 30 weeks and i've been freaking out because i've been feeling her less some days. It's really weird because on monday for example she was really active and kicking a LOT! but today she just gives a really vague kick or she just moves for 5 seconds.. I drank the cold water, I ate a candy, and I spent an hour laying on my left side so I could get any reaction from her, but nothing happened.. I read all of your post and that calmed me down a little, but still should i be concerned?.. or is it normal for them to change their activities during this period of the pregnancy??
they should move 10 times an hour is what my dr told me that is any movement but ya know if there asleep they won't move so don't be alarmed as long as your filling her your fine if you stop filling her for a full day hurry to the dr. my cousin lost her baby at 37 weeks it got the cord around her neck. so don't take this lightly go to the dr if you don't fill her for a full day!
During the late part of your pregnancy you will notice a slight decline in fetal movement.  Especially during the day.  However, any time you get concerned you can call your ob/gyn and see what they say....

I doubt anything is wrong, she is probably just cramped in there!  :)
Not to worry, My DR. told me as long a you feel her a few times every couple of hours all is well.
If you are concerned, go to L&D and ask to have a non-stress test done.
Good luck
Yes when they start running out of room in there they tend to slow down!! Just wait until your really close to your due date! Whew! Every little kick or move hurts like crazy!! But enjoy it!! Lol.