Maternal & Child Community
Lump near arm pit (4 months old baby)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Lump near arm pit (4 months old baby)

I've notice 3 days ago that my 4 months old daughter have small lump near her arm pit (at front). I've visit the nearest doctor but the doctor said it's maybe just a gland and asked me to observe it only. Please advise me on this situation.
I would agree.. my son has one on his neck and it has been there since he was 2 or so... so about 2 years. It is a swollen/enlarged gland- but there is nothing they can do about it and it doesnt bother him at all. I have just always watched it and made sure it doesnt get worse or discolor.
It's normal for babies (boys and girls) to have mild or even swollen, enlarged breasts and/or lumps under the nipple. They are almost always benign and due to exposure to maternal hormones in the womb. The same hormones that cause the mother's breasts to swell and milk glands to be stimulated can do the same to the baby's breasts.

These lumps and enlarged breasts in the baby may be quite noticeable at birth. They might even continue to grow after birth for a while. If you were to pinch them, some real breast milk may be expressed.

Over weeks, or sometimes even months, when there is no more exposure to the hormones, the breast tissue begins to shrink and eventually becomes quite flat. Occasionally a normal, small amount of tissue remains, but it doesn't grow or cause discomfort.

Hi my ame is Michelle I have a 4months old boy his name is Jose I notied that he had a lump in his left armpit..
I took him to the Dr....
.got a ultrasound done....Dr called me and told me she wanted him to got some bdtests done so I took him that same day she call..am just waiting for the results...who may know..
Am praying its notthing bad..please god..please help him