Maternal & Child Community
Lumps behind the ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Lumps behind the ear

My child of almost three has a small lump behind her right ear and on both sides where her lymph nodes are supposed to be.  I spoke with her regular doctor about this and she informed me that my child has ring worm and the lumps are result of the infection in her scalp.  She is on medication that I was told to give her for 6 weeks and she has been on it now for about two, about to be three, but, I don't see to much improvement.  I just want to make sure that these lumps will go away with the help of this medicine and also the ring worm.  Please let me know.  Thanks.