Maternal & Child Community
MENSTRUAL REGULATION

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

MENSTRUAL REGULATION

I was pregnant and i had an elective abortion through the menstrual regulation technique (with a sirynge), a doctor did the procedure, every thing was fine. That was on Jan,25th,2005. And today and don't have the rule yet. The doctor made an ecosonograma on Mar,4th,2005 and he said that i wasn't pregnant again, so he gave me a medicin PROVERA to help the endometrius to go down, 5 pills for five days and then stop, and then wait ten days more to leave the pills act. Now is my fourth day and nothing yet. I was searching in Internet about the consequences of this procedure, but everywhere said that it is not dangerous. Please, can you tell me more about this procedure, the technique, what happen to your regular cycle, everything. I am not a doctor but i want to know about what is happening inside. I was thinking that maybe i got pregnant again, but the dr. say no when he looked me with the ecosonograma. Then i was worry to know if this can cause me any thing bad like endometriosis or something like that. What do you recommend? Thank you very much.
I dont know anything about this process you are talking about, but I would think you should have gotten all of the details beforehand if it was "elective".  Good luck.
Ok let me get this straight!
You were pregnant and you ELECTED to have a abortion? Now your on provera to bring your uterus back to normal
and worried about the consequences being on this pill

Ummm hello
Are you trying or not trying to get pregnant?What about the effect of the elected abortion!
There are websites that offer all sort of information regarding elective abortions, post-abortion conditions, etc.  I would check into AAA Women's Group or something like that.  I would suggest that you speak to a counselor, not only to follow up on physical conditions, but your emotional condition.  From what I understand, one day, at some point in your life, the procedure will haunt you, and it's better to heal and go on now.  Please, though, for your sake and for the sake of LIFE, do not use elective abortions as a form of birth control; get on something strong, such as Depo Provera or the patch, and use it as directed to avoid this in the future.  Take care, and God bless.
i don't mean to be rude, but i think that you have posted on the wrong board if you truely mean what you said, an ELECTED ABORTION. but,off my high horse, provera is used normally to regulated a period to help people (like me) who want to have a baby. it is hormone therapy to help with ovulation that i know of. so getting your uterus back into shape i am unsure what this can do.it should how ever get you regular period back if that is what you were asking.
Why do you people assume that this woman non-chalantly gets abortions for birth control. You know nothing about her or her reasons. She has questions about post abortion effects and the use of provera. Please get off your high horses and show some compassion. The medical term is elective abortion. That term in no way implies any state of mind in the woman undergoing the procedure.
If you have any doubts about your physical well being, check with your physician. If the menstral extraction was performed correctly, then you are not likely to suffer any infections, etc.