Maternal & Child Community
MISCARRIAGE AT 6 WEEKS PREGNANCY,IS D/C REQUIRED

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

IS D/C REQUIERED FOR MISSCARRIAGE AT 6WKS?

i started bleeding in clots at 6weeks pregnancy told i was having a misscarriage at the hospital emmergency and was told to go to a clinic for folow up.i ve been bleeding for 7 days now,do u think i ll ve d/c done for me if i go back to hospital? or can i wait at home for the bleeding to stop?
Usually, the dr will do an u/s to determine if everything has passed. If it has you should not need d&c.
I'm so sorry....I know how scary it is.  I had to natural m/c last year at 5.5 and 6 weeks.  I did not need any other follow up care, but there are some exceptions to every rule....

Just be weary of infection, chills, nausea, fever....you should be fine.

I'm so sorry you had to go thru this....my prayers are with you.
I'm so sorry.  When I had my m/c I bleed for I think 8-10 days.  It got lighter and lighter until, I finally passed the sac (sorry again) and after that it was over. I'm not sure if that's how it is suppose to go but, that was the last to come out.  
They didn't need you to come back in? I opted for d&c, they told me if I went natural I would have to go back. Was it b/c I was 12 wks?
No, never had to go back in...but with both my natural m/c I got AF 3 weeks or 2.5 weeks later....I bounced right back.

I'm sure it was because you were so far along.
You should be able to mc naturally.  I have had 2 natural mc.  With one I bled for about a week and with the second it was only three days.  After I stopped bleeding they did an us to make sure I had passed everything.

I am so sorry for your loss.
I went throught the same thing before and I did not have to have a D&C.  I just let everything pass naturally. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I went thru this as well, I didn't have to have a d&c or amy meds b/c I was so early along, I'm sorry for your loss, God Bless
So sorry for your loss.  I just wanted you to know Im praying for you.
I also had a miscarriage at 6 weeks but without a D&C.  I did need to take cytotec 6 weeks after the start of the M?C as all of the tissue was not gone and my HCG was still high.  I think as long as your numbers are dropping and the U?S is clear or getting clear you are okay.  I'm sorrry for your loss.  Luck and prayers your way.
hello i am having kind the smae thing you went through.but i was 7weeks and had a m/c
on the26 of june and i am still bleeding heavy with clots in it , pluse lower abdomnal (abdominal) pain now and the. i am worried if things are still there? and if i will need a dc or not? it's 17days now and still this is happening.don't what to do.
I am just going through a miscarriage now, started yesterday at 6 weeks.
Still bleeding with small clots and slight cramps eased with paracetamol.
The hospital sent me home after 4 hours of tests to M/C naturally, and as far as i know, i dont have to go back?
I feel a bit lost at the moment, will i just know when it is all over and that everything have definately cleared??
Or will I need a follow up...my boyfriend has been brilliant, but i still feel alone.. x
I just had a M/C on 29th of August. I was 6 1/2 weeks  Glad that it is over I was in so much pain from Cramping.  I passed the baby before I got to the hospital.  The baby was not even forming like reg.  They gave me some pills to prevent infection.  I am still bleeding and having light cramps. I hope that all you ladies are doing ok.  Because god knows what is right for us.  I trust that he has protected us from further grief and will bless us will all soon with a more Healthy babies.  May god bless you all.    

Lady Y
i am currently going through a misscarrige i was 6 weeks and have been bleeding for 16 days which started slow and light but got heavier and my HCG level is still at 67 and they wont discharge me til it is 20 , i am sorry for anyone going through this
I know how you all feel I had a "natural" miscarriage (No DNC) in April 2008. I bleed on & off lightly for 8 weeks! I did not have severe cramping only period like cramps. It is now September & I found out a week ago that I am pregnant again. I am scared the same thing will happen again. I never had a period after the miscarriage. So about 12 weeks after the miscarraige (miscarriage) bleeding stopped I ovulated (without knowing it) and got pregnant. I have googled everything in the world about miscarriages, trying to concieve (conceive) again & I also talked with my OBGYN and let me tell you this.....Your body will let you know when it is ready.  have read about people getting pregnant again after 2 weeks up to 6 months. So hang in there, it is not a matter of WILL you have a baby it is a matter of WHEN!
ii was 6weeks...wen ii lost mines...ii went off to the bathroom 4 iin the morning thinkiing ii have to urine instead of jus uring iit was blood just like ii would have if ii wouldve gotten my period...ii went to the hospital and the hospital saiid it might have been a misccarrige....the next day i went to the obgyn wich my originial doctor had me go to..to get a sonogram i tol them what happened and YEA ii had a miscarrige they saw nothing juss and empty SAC...the next day had surgery had a get the rest of the fluids taken...and now iits taken time to get over but the doctors say ii can still have more children but riite now im willing to waiit until ii finish school then maybe have another
I HAD A MISSIAGE AT 6 WEEKS AND I DIDNT BLEED AT ALL IM NOT SURE IF IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS HAVEING TWINS AND ONLY ONE MISSCARIED?
No a d&c is not necessary, per my Dr. And I'm sorry to hear about everyone's miscarriage. I'm just going through one, it is very sad. I was very early in my pregnancy, I started cramping and spotting, went to the ER on Friday and on Monday went to see my GYN and my BETA HCG level was at 15 from 47. I asked my dr if I should keep trying because I am 38 yrs old and he said he doesn't see why not. I also take clomid to ovulate. Good luck to everyone out there that are still going to try.
I'm mc now but its so diffrent from my last one in january so every one is diffrent I quess I hold a lil hope that my baby is ok but I know its just wishful thinking
i think i am having a miscarriage, i was told a week ago i am 6 weeks pregnant but i was already two day's into bleeding, i was bleeding for 5 days straight and then it stopped.
as soon as i found out i was pregnant i told my DR, i was bleeding and he told me to come in and he will do some test, then he also told me to go in for an ultrasound and they wouldn't give me any information about the ultrasound.
i am getting kind of worried i am still on prenatal care and everything like that, but i just want to know.

i still feel pregnant at times, at other time's i'm just really worried my breast arn't sore anymore but my back is killing me, i still am eating alot, i'm just really worried.

My name is Jazzy Im 22! I had an ectopic pregnancy 11/22/09 I never heard this until it happened to me. Then 9/18/09 i got Pregnant Again And Miscarried. I have a 5yr old child..Never ever had an abortion. But one tube removed during ectopic... me & my husband was TORN,, but God will bless us soon with a Boy He Kno best For us>>> it wasnt time. But i wonder can i still have a succesful pregnancy Still??? anyBody... ((my doc said yes)) but any body experienced something similar to this ever??
Dear friends on line i am 42 year old with 4 wonderful grown kids.I miscarriage at 6 weeks maybe i was to old.....
My mum had an ectopic pregnancy, one still born and 2 miscarriages before she had me, so don't give up hope yet!
I am having a miscarriage now. I just found out yesterday I was 6-8 weeks along. This isn't my first time around bit its been 6 yrs since my last one. I'm bleeding a lot but I know the sack has come out. This is hard for everyone and me but just know God is watching after us and when its time it will happen!  I just hope I'm OK. My hcg level yesterday was 24300. So it don't make since to why I miscarried. Any answers to this one.
I went to the ER on Feb. 14, 2011 for brown spotting and I was 5 weeks 2 days. They said I was fine and go home, my HCG was like 590. Went back to the sane ER on march 19, 2011 for red spotting. They said my baby was 5 weeks 6 days and I was suppose to be 10 weeks! HCG was 27,406 They wouldn't give me a strait answer so I went to another ER that night. Went through everything again! They said the same thing except that it was a miscarriage. They baby stopped growing and was still in me. Went to the dr. that Monday and had to go back Tuesday for a hcg. It was 10,000. Well on March 23, 2011 I started cramping and bleeding with clots. March 24, 2011 I passed the baby. I put it in a baggie and went to the ER. Giant clots were passing out of me and the bleeding was so much I thought I was hemorrhaging! They did a pathology report on the baby and will find out tomorrow what they found out. The cramps were so bad and the bleeding was horrible! It took me 7 years to get pregnant with this baby. It was my miracle baby and now it's gone.My son is 9 next month and is heartbroken. He cried when I told him it stopped growing on 3-19 and he freaked out when I bleed everywhere and had to go to the ER. He thought I was going to die. My husband was at work. I went to the dr. March 26, 2011 and they gave me pills to have more contractions to get everything out. I passed something that was like 2 pounds again. So I go March 29 for a ultrasound to make sure it all passed. I took a pregnancy test and the line is faint so I'm almost back to normal to try again. Just for the heck of it I took a ovulation test and it was bright pink! I'm still bleeding a little or I would be getting busy. bleed light yesterday and today. I think tomorrow will be it. I pray to God I get pregnant ASAP! They said wait 3 months, hell no. If I'm fertile now than it's now or never.
Wow. Yea with my calculation I should be 9 weeks 4 days and they told me I was 6 weeks. My hcg was way to high. Sometimes I feel they don't know crap. I had to have my husband flush for me I felt like I was flushing my baby away. I'm going to the Dr next week. I'd go to the er but here where I'm from there not very nice. So I'd rather wait. I feel like I'm losing so much blood. I know its natural.  But this was going to be my miracle baby as well. My husband has 2 lil boys from his last marriage and I have none. Miscarried with my ex husband and just married the 25 to my wonderful husband. Found out 3 days before I was pregnant. We Were so excited. Just glad I didn't tell the boys. But regardless To what happens I have my husband and two amazing step boys. Keep me posted on ur situation mommytobe29. U r in my prayers.
Is having a high hcg level at 6 weeks mean that there was a possible chance I could of been carrying multiple. I go into today because I haven't stopped bleeding and there gonna check to see if I only had that one. They said I could have a chance I may still be pregnant. I'm scared. Is this normal???
I am into my six weeks today and I started to bleed. Damn! I was feeling so  good all this time. We had been trying for two years after the first m/c and we thought that this is a miracle because we were ready to go for the fertility procedure this month. I was even afraid to check if I was pregnant. I think I accept my m/c better than my husband. He is devastated! I felt so bad for him. Anyway, I am in great pain right now and please pray for me that I will be pregnant again soon. Thank you all!
http://be-kind-have-faith.blogspot.com

Miscarriage blog - hope this helps!