Maternal & Child Community
MY 2 YEAR OLD CAN NOT TALK
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MY 2 YEAR OLD CAN NOT TALK

my son is 2 years and can not talk he says hi and mamma and what but thats about i got his earing check and the doctor says he has great hearing! hes as smart as a whip tho i tell him to do something like put something away he puts it away i tell him to go get a diaper and he gets a diaper he knows some sign language like when he is hungry he does the sign language for eat and he does the sign language for more. but he still can not talk and it worries me hes not dumb hes not deaf then what the hell is it? i mean i know that all children devolp differently but with him being so smart and has good earing u would think he would be able to say more words?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
561393_tn?1320966415
My daughter is 16mths and she won't talk i can't even get mom or dad nothing at all jut grunts. I talked to my doctor about and she is now seeing a speech therapist. they think it just because of her older brothers. Do you have older children in the house???? If so that could  be the problem. I am not too concerned because I didn't talk until i was 4.  
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
At this point,  I think you need to have his speech evaluated.  I'm surprised your doctor didn't follow up with more suggestions after finding that his hearing is normal.

For what it's worth,  if that's a picture of him in your profile,  he certainly looks bright.
Blank
171768_tn?1324233699
It sounds like he may have a speech delay, and I would pursue it. Start with your pediatrician and ask for a referral. If you feel your ped is dismissing your concerns, you can get a second opinion. You can also contact your school district to see if he would qualify for early intervention.
Speech and language therapy can make a huge difference. And even if nothing is "wrong," it certainly couldn't hurt him!
Blank
You could go see a speech therapist. Since they are specialized in the area they should be able to help you at least a bit more than your regular dr.
Blank
My 3 year old didn't say many words at 2, but around 2 1/2 she all of a sudden started speaking sentences and kinda complex words. I would say don't worry a whole lot about it, but if you are really concerned then I would do what everyone else suggested and take him to a speech therapist.
Blank
My 3 year old didn't say many words at 2, but around 2 1/2 she all of a sudden started speaking sentences and kinda complex words. I would say don't worry a whole lot about it, but if you are really concerned then I would do what everyone else suggested and take him to a speech therapist.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...