Maternal & Child Community
Masking Pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Masking Pregnancy?

Was told I was pregnant.  Now being told that I'm not, but I my uterus is stil growing.  What could be the problem?  I had this happen before when I was actually pregnant with my son, who is now 11 years old.  I was told I wasn't pregnant, then 2 weeks later I was told I was 7 weeks pregnant.

Can you help me understand?
Avatar n tn
Have you had an ultra sound or talked to another doctor?
Avatar n tn
I am going to a specialist tomorrow for a second option.  No ultrasound yet.
Avatar n tn
Sounds like you may be having a Blighted Ovum.  You ARE pregnant, but the baby detatched early on and your body didn't realize it.  I had that with my first pregnancy.  My advice is to wait it out and see if the baby forms.  Don't have the d&c until you are 10 weeks.  Sometimes it can take a very long time for a baby to show up???  So even though it's hard wait it out.  momttc
Avatar n tn
Thank you.  I will wait to see what the doctors say after the test I had on Friday.
Avatar n tn
I miscarried.  It was confirmed yesterday.  It is sad, but maybe it wasn't the right time.