Membranes Scripping...
Okay i totally spelled that wrong lol

so I was told my doctor will probaby scrip me today at my apt... what exactly is he doing and why?

i really hope people are online cause i just found out and i dont have time to read through the book for this one...
It is when they sweep their finger between the bag of waters and your cervix. Speatrates membranes between the two. SOMETIMES it can bring on labor. Didn't for me, I had them stripped 3x with my DS, he was almost a week late.
does it hurt? me or the baby?
I feel your pain. My biggest problem was I couldn't sleep to save my life. I was getting less than 4 hours a sleep a night for about the last three weeks.
I'm not asking you to tell me your desicion, but I was just curious if you were able to make one about circumcizion after all those responses the other day?
Some women say it can be painful...I don't know (obviously lol). I hear most women say that it's just  a little uncomfortable...like when the doc checks you for dilation. Not horrible...but there's much more pleasant things to have done! :)  It doesn't hurt the baby at all though...just encourages everything to get moving so the baby might get inspired to come out! lol

Good luck! When are you due again? I forgot!
It doesn't hurt the baby at all. It hurts when its being done, but nothing excruciating. Just like a "rough" internal exam. You dr will tell you you can have spotting afterwards. I bled where I catually needed a pad for a couple hours the first time, but nothing serious. You will be fine, maybe it will even work for you!
i have 2 1/2 weeks left... but i'm SO ready to have this thing out!!! my hormones are making me SO bitchy and i have to keep saying sorry to DH. and i'm in so much pain now from the cramps and now my ribs the past few days... I still have time but i'm hoping i will be early :)
Hopefully everyone helped.
What time your appt today? Hope it all goes well. : )
yes. we are going to discuss it with the doctor to see how many he has performed and what the complications are he has encountered and we're pretty sure we're going to do it.
my apt is in 40 mins lol i just got him from work and he's showering quickly.

I guess my mom had to be induced when she was preg. so i have to tell the doctor in case they wanna start things early so i'll be ready on time...
The sleep is something I've been dealing with.  I swear I was up like 6 times last night!

Lost I'm kinda suprised they are stripping so early, isn't that considered an induction (Peek?  Anyone know?)  
I first had mine stripped was at 37 weeks. I think most women do not go into labor after stipper than do.
Ooops I meant stripping : )
i haven't lost my plug yet.. so he didn't do anything...
how are you feeling now Lily?  I have heard that the stripping actually is painful... I really don't expect that to be something my doctor does (then again I didn't expect the amnio and had it anyway).

I have been trying all the other "stuff" to get the labor to be remotely on time... sex and more sex (that's the fun part especially after all it will be awhile before that will be something we can do after Lilith is born).