Men and Pregnancy
I am wondering what you think some of the biggest effects that pregnancy has on MEN. We all know how we are effected throughout the pregnancy, but how does it help or hurt your hubby.
well i would say for my dh it would be the hormones!!!  we all know how hormones affect us but they really get to them too!!!  this is our 4th baby and dh still doesn't "get it"!!!  he still doesn't understand how i can cry then laugh then scream then cry again all at the same time or why i'm so tired or so stressed and he just doesn't know how to deal w/ it!!!  oh well...  they never will understand though (not that they understand us when we're not pregnant!!!)
Well my fiance didn't get sex all that often so I know he was miserable.  He was really excited for the baby.  He rubbed my belly every night when he came home from work and wouldn't go to sleep until the baby moved for him.  I think it causes some fear also because they know things will be different once the baby arrives.  I know my fiance felt that I wouldn't care less about him since my child was my life from the very moment I found out I was pregnant.  Even now, I will push my fiance out of bed and lay my son next to me.  My fiance will be hanging off the edge...lol.
I know that some men get sympathy pains...like when were in pain sometimes they can start to hurt..Also theres sympathy weight too. Since we get to gain a bunch of weight being pregnant its not uncommon for the man to put on a couple pounds too! Funny huh!? I know that when I was pregnant and my boyfriend teased me or irritated me the slightest bit, i'd give him a slap and a look. (fully playing around, I wasnt abusive! lol) He was already feeling the hormones! lol I lost the baby though. He cried just as much as I did because they say men don't bond with the baby until its born, unlike some men who are overly excited about being a dad! (cough mami cough) hehe. Guys can get stressed out though too. We can put some pressure on them! I mean...ever seen the Scott Baio show? lol. He's a bit overboard and weird, but thats how some men are. And some men are like mami's hubby. Mine was in the middle...freaked out at first, then learned to love the baby and was crushed when we lost it. All men are different!
My husband was scared at first because we had a previous miscarriage and he was scared that it would happen again. (Probably not as scared as me! I was a mess!) I hear some people say that after the baby comes things change. I think you just need to make sure you still make time for each other. I can honestly say that since the birth of our daughter our relationship has gotten even better and we have been married 8 years.  We make sure we make time for "alone time".