Menstral Cycle after breastfeeding
I had my daughter June 18, 2003. All went great! I breastfed and bottlefed for three months. It is now November 7,2003,I totally quit breastfeeding at the ending of September. I have yet to have my period! When should I start my cycle?
Have you taken a pregnancy test just to be sure you aren't pregnant? It can vary person to person and i would talk to your doctor to get a more concrete answer on when to expect it. I breastfed my son until he was 14 months, but was on depo the first 6 months post pardum. I did not get my first cycle until my son was about 12 months.

Andrea
i breastfed my daughter untill she was 15 months and, just breast fed i didn't get my period until 2 months after i stop breastfeeding.
my son is just about 7 seven months and i'm still breastfeeding and still haven't got my period,
but everyones different
hummmmm I was breastfeeding for a week and still had my cycle I quit breastfeeding because the lil tute wouldn't take to me anymore he was in NICU for a week and he was on me and a bottel it confussed him but that is ok but I wish my cycle would disapper its been 2 weeks 2days I've had it and it sucks count your self lucky my sister inlaw hadn't had her cycle in a year but she is still breastfeeding.
I nursed all 3 of my children, and I did not have a period any  time during...  it took a month after I stopped each time to come back.  Like so many have said, everyone's body is different, but it would be wise to talk to your doctor about this.
If you have not been having your period, I would think you're not ovulating, so it would be unlikely that you are pregnant... Although you can't rule it out, stranger things have happened.
How old are you by the way?  Is pre-menopause a possibility?
Anamari
Thanks for your comments, I did call my doctor...she will be calling me back Monday. The nurse seems to think that I should have started by now. My husband and I have been so careful, so I cant believe that I am pregnant! We love our daughter,she is our first. We want at least one more, but not so soon! I really hope it is just a delay. I am 24 yrs old. I hope all is fine.
The only reason I even brought up pg is that you mentioned you had been bottle feeding and nursing. Nursing alone, exclusively and on demand for the first few months is pretty good birth control, but i still didn't take any chances. But when you aren't doing it exclusively, the likelyhood if getting pg increases.

Hope everything works out!

Andrea
I had my daughter on July 2 and only breast fed for 2 weeks, now it's almost the end of August and I still haven't had my period! Is it possible that I could be pregnant? My husband and I began having sex just 4 weeks after giving birth and we have been using protection for the most part. I'm not ready for another baby......is it even possible?????
i to am wondering the same thing.  stopped bf when my girl was 10.5mnths old and am waiting for my period.  it has only been 4wks but we would like to start on trying for another child.  we have been having unprotected sex for ages but there is no sign of being pg as i have been taking my temp every few days and it is quite low.  If i knew that it was going to take this long i would of stopped bf a month or two ago.

slim
I have EBF my now 13 month old, I had my first cycle April 7th,but have yet to start.My husband had a vasectomy,but now the nurse said if I don't start by monday,they are testing me.,I have taken a HPT,three times and have gotten all negatives.

I'm wondering is my cycle.

Nancy
I just weaned my 26 month old, in the process of trying to get pregnant, but had my last shot of Depo in January.  I'm 28 years old and looking for answers as to when I'd get my fertility back? Its been 3 weeks now, and my period still has not returned. Any help will be appreciated.
I just weaned my 10 month old. She is my third child. I started my cycle with the first 2 during BFing so I was shocked when I didn't get one this time around. It has been almost 4 weeks and I have yet to start. Crossing my fingers. My husband is set for a vasectomy cuz we are D-O-N-E. I'm 24 and can't imagine 1 more!