Maternal & Child Community
Menstrual cramps/no period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Menstrual cramps/no period

Hello-my first time to this wonderful site! My husband and I just started trying this month for our 2nd child. I was gone for 2 wks, but had unprotected sex both before and after I returned. I totally expected to have my period since I was gone for so long. I had just gotten off the pill before having my last period. So, I started having very bad menstrual cramps and "shocks" in my breasts 3 days ago. I kept running to the bathroom thinking I was going to start. Nothing. I have taken 3 HPT and all were negative. I have had no bleeding. This is to the T the only pregnancy symptoms I had with my son-bad cramps/no period and shocks in breasts. But, I think I waited longer to take a test last time. Also, last time I got off the pill I had a normal period..and I don't understand severe cramping with no period. Should I have waited longer to take the tests? I'm only 3 days late. I would appreciate any help :)
some people don't show up positive on a hpt the early wait a few more days and re test or go to the doctor and get a blood test done.
I am in the same boat as you...I am 5 days late...mild cramping today but no AF...I am trying to get prego but it doesn't seem to happen quick enough.  I tested on Monday and it was BFN...I am going to test again on 5/31 if no AF shows up...Baby dust to you...
So you are in the same boat huh? I guess you're just as confused as me :)Well, I still have not started! It has been approx. 6 days since I was supposed to start AF. Still having mild cramping, but not as strong as it was the day I was supposed to start AF. All HPT are neg, but since I was out of town for 2 wks, I had to have been ovulating the first of last week-maybe that isn't enough time to show up. Does anyone know?
I'm in the same boat too! Cramping off and on - especially at night. Frequent urination and that's about it. I'm a few days late... Good Luck to us all!
It's so funny that you mentioned breast "shocks" I'm experience the EXACT same thing!!  lol with my first pregnancy I took 8 pregnancy test before one came out positive and I was 2 months prego!  I've taken 3 so far and all negative.. very frustrating!  Are you have increased discharge or anything like that too?
That is so Funny! We are wanting number four but I just got my cycle back with number 3 in sept (when she was 16 mos she is now 18 mos). I had one cycle that was prettty normal then a suoer crazy cycle with excessive bleeding like  I have never experienced in my life.  So I was expecting my cycle to stat on or about the 19th (being that my cycle has been between 27 and 31 days for as long as I have charted it).  Well on the 21st I got some pretty bad cramping and it went on for a couple of days straight.  My husband and I have been seperated for the last 5 months becasue we are active duty Army, but I was sure we missed my ovulation.  I thought implantation pain had to happen around or during ovulation?  I am not taking a pregnancy test becuase they have all come back negative with all 3 previous pregnancies until I was like a month pregnant and did the blood tests.  I am not 7 days late?  what is the verdict?
my period is only two days late. But im getting cramps like im about to start. but its not happening. my breasts are a little sore. what do yall think?? how long should i wait to take a test??
your late you should be able to take a test
My period just ended and for the last few days I've had ridiculously painful cramps mostly at night. Any one know what this could possibly be? I'm scared
my periods are quite irregular but i usually kno ma period will start after 21 or 22 days. But this month i havent had a periiod instead feeling harsh period pains and back ache. I get the occasional nausea and extreme tiredness but it doesnt last long. ive taken 2 pregnany tests but both come up negative. i dunno wat to do from here. do u think im pregnant? help!
Okay here is the timeline. SinceI'm not sure of my menstrual cycle OR my ovulation cycle, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. I want a baby, he's neither here nor there. (But he would be thrilled because he loves kids so I'm making the decision for US) My period was over Nov. 31, we had UPS Dec. 1 and since then I've been getting these abnormal signals and symptoms. Since I've been through this before I try not to worry or over exert these symptoms because they just end in disappointment. But its really hard not to ignore whats going on. 1.For approx. 4 days now my boobs have been hurting soooo bad. I cant lay on my stomach because they hurt so much. 2. I have been having a lot of discharge, more than normal 3. A little nausea 4. A little insomnia 5. mild cramping and no period 6. headaches and backaches 7. the "feeling" that this could be it 8. and its three days before my period is due, and so far negative tests. Someone please help me know if Im just crazy or has someone else gone through this with a positive outcome. Im so excited. I want a little boy, lol.
Hi jujess2007

Some women don't show a positive till after AF.  Have you tried a First Response?  They are good at detecting hcg very very early.

All your symptoms are screaming out "PREGNANT" so I would not be surprised if you get a positive very soon.

Best of luck and let us know how you go!!
My last period was on Nov. the 18th.  Its now Dec. 31 and still no period.  Ive always had my period on the days expected except this time.  For the past two days ive been having painful cramps and they are usually at night but no period.  I already took two pregnancy test and they were negative.  Is it too soon to test?  Im really confused, what does this mean? Am i pregnant?
hey there i want 2 say first that i have been in your soes as far as thinking and 'feeling" like u really are pregnant, but when i was over a week late i got my period  and i was devistated! i got some really really good advice from a few other women that had the same thing happen to them, and they told me this..."dont stress on it just let it happen"
i kinda got mad at them when they said that 2 me cause i really wanted and felt prego, but after i had started my period i had realized what they were trying to tell me and they were right becAuse i had stressed out on it and wanted 2 be preggo, but i had every single preg sign there is and i was sure i was, ten i started bleeding so bad and was so upset i cried, now i am 2 days late again and i am not making the same mistake again, i am expecting my period but if im  preg then i wil celebrate when i find out, but we all kno this is such a hard thing wen we want a baby and that ovulation window is such a short time frame, sure wish we had a definate sign the moment we concieved,lol...best of luck to you and baby dust to you and all of us who want a new life!!!
UGH! ME TOO on these symptoms. I even had spotting at the midpoint (2 weeks after period) and thought it was implantation bleeding which is rare. I have been cramping all day and expecting my AF, but she is a no show. The test I took tonight came back BFN! : ( Not sure, thinking my period will make its way, but I have never had cramps this long without it showing. My cramps are in my back and very painful.
ok so i have the same kind of problem so i had my baby jan and reseumed my normal periods as of feb ..had one march and unprotected sex april..in the end of april i experiences some very light bellding and cramps that lasted a day only and since april nothing else ..ive had period cramps every month tho right around the time i usually start i just never start ..ive had no pregnancy symptoms at all any of u kno what could be the issue (the cramps are really bad and in my back and i feel nauseaus)
HELP PLEASE ANY ADVICE
omg....i have been having really bad cramps for the past 4 days and im 4 days late . im always on time with my period and i dont understand why im late. a month ago i had surgery done to get my tubes untided and me and my husband had unprotected sex but he pulled out . what should i do because i am clueless
I am 34 and celibate. My cycle is normally clockwork, 28 days. I am cramping, irritable and bloated, and 4 days late. The PMS symptoms have been steady for 6 days. This *****. Not going to waste money on a pregnancy test, I am not sexually active. What gives?
Ok, all of you have the same symptons...I am having them to and have taken multiple pregnancy tests which have all said negative. For those that went to the doctor, did they say anything else beside you weren't pregnant? Like whats wrong and what could be causing this to happen?
Last time I had my period was November 18.. I have been having really bad cramps and everytime I think my period is coming it don't. I did a PREGNACY test 2 weeks ago and it was negative... Im so confused
three months ago i had an early miscarriage..i was about 6 weeks pregnant and we were devestated when it happened, been with my fiance for 4 years and only for a year have we been having UPS. i know when my periods are due..they are like clockwork..every 28 days. this month however, ive missed my period  (only three days overdue) but im gettin slight cramping but no bleeding. breasts are tender, got fatigue and some nausea, done two tests and both negative..not sure whether i took them too soon or whether im just in the hope that i am pregnant..as we have been trying. dont wanna get my hopes up but very confused...can anyone help? x
I'm different ftom all of u. I had an ablasiom done about two years ago. I had normal periods fot a while then nothing. For thr last srveral months I've cramped had breast pain and clots instead of bleedind. Then last month I had cramping nreast pain and no clots or bleeding. Same know. Any thoughts I'm 29.
I am having the same problem. My husband and I are trying for our first. We had sex at the time that I was ovulating (as indicated by a home ovulation test). Now my period is 8 days late, but I have had really bad cramping for the last 8 days. This morning, I woke up with severe abdominal pain-felt like menstrual cramping, but a million times worse. And I'm used to severe cramping with my periods each month. I was sweating and almost through up from the pain. Still no period. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both have been negative. I don't know what to think. I called my OB and she doesn't know what could cause the symptoms. So frustrating...
I've had both negative and positive results after the symptoms you are describing.  The first time I was poitive and the last time this happened I was negative and it turned out I had a Urinary tract infection (wasn't hurting wen I pee so didn't think of that)  I am now 5 days late and had cramping but no blood 10 days ago.  Still neg test.  I'm not getting excited this time what will be will be.  Good luck!
My last period was the 1st of april and I had unprotected sex on the 15th which apparently is the most fertile point?? I've been having these cramps for over 2 weeks now and I feel like I should be on but I'm not, I'm about 9 days late I've been experiencing some symptoms like tiredness I often feel sick and headaches, I am still getting these cramps and also in my lower back, I've done 4 test and all been negative. I'm so confused does anyone know what could be wrong with me?? :(
I have been having the same problems, My husband came in me on the first day of my period my period lasted 3 days. Now a month later my period i due now and all I have been is cramping for 2 days like i would be on my period but no blood discharge when i feel as if i am discharging it is only clear. Im confused this is my first merry go round and i need answers. It is now Thurs and i took a test on monday of this week and it showed neg but I used Dollar General Brand PT. Can someone please give me feed back asap i need some type of answer. My breast have been very tender for 2 weeks and i have been so tired at work that i could just lay my head down on my desk and sleep...HELP???? I hope i am PG
Hi i m 21yrs old. I Had got my last period on 8th. This month it started on 10th but Had a little. Then on 11th i Had papaya juice so Had a severe cramp but only a little again. It never happen before can anyone help me
I'm not late yet but I have had some back pains and bloating I usually don't get period symptoms and I have been having them for two days now we have been trying to get prego for about a year now and nothing is it possible that I could be prego
Hi i had sex 9 days ago..first time in 2years since having a baby...it was unprotected and on the day my period was due...i have had such bad back pains,abdominal pains and really painful cramping but no sign of period,anywas experienced this? has the sex delayed it or could i be pregnant,very worried please reply asap..thankyou xx