Maternal & Child Community
Mentration after giving birth (heavy bleeding) need advise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hey ladies I just got my 1st period yesterday after given birth and it is extremely heavy I'm not sure if it is normal but I have come to the point of having to put on 2 pads sorry if to much info. Is it normal for me to bleed this much after given birth 6 wks. ago? today is my 3rd day and it continues to be heavy should I be concern? Another thing I also experienced a really bad pain on my left side where the doctor tied the knot of my c-section it was like a burning sensation really weird. I'm just hoping that it has nothing to do with Endometriosis(not sure of spelling) I got operated of that about a year ago after struggling with it for about 4 yrs. it happen after I gave birth to my 1st born. I really do hope is not that. Any one has any idea of what is happening to me?
I think you should call your doctor.

I bleed through more than a pad an hour and they gave me some pills to slow it down, I was hemorrhaging. I think its better for you to go get it checked out than to just continue down the same path.

Best of luck!
I think I should call the doctor thank you
Just wanted to see what your doctor had to say, making sure all is well.
i bleed soo bad when i went for my 6week check up they had to put a stack of towels under my bottom. and i bleed all over the place like i was stabbed down there. it was a mess. and lots of pressure too. then i was told after my check up she told me my second period (after the birth of my girl) would be lighter. HA yeah right, my butt. i was then told 3months later (for my yearly exam) that it would take another 6months for me to heal up properly. it was he**. but my periods are still 28days one month and 32 the next good luck.
I freaked out when I got my first one and almost rushed to the ER.  Turns out it's normal.  Sucks, but normal.
I was just stopping my bleeding at 6 weeks, but even when I got my first af it was rough.  My son will be 1 at the end of this month and they are still very heavy and painful.  They have been bad for years though and the pill helps, but it takes so long to get back to normal after baby.  I would call your Dr. though, if it's not normal to you you should at least ask.
I would call your doctor - soaking a pad in an hour is something they told me to call about when I had DS in October.  Good luck!
I had my daughter over 7 months ago. I still have very heavy periods I soak a pad and a tampon every hour or two. I was having 2 to 3 periods a month then when my daughter hit 7 months I didn't have one for a whole month. I was hoping that they where going to go back to normal well I was wrong they are still very heavy and I have large clots ( sorry this is kinda TMI for some people) I have been told by friends that this is normal well I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong...When may daughter was delivierd she got stuck on my pubic bone so I wonder if I should go see a doctor about this. Well if anyone has any advice please feel free to share it with me. Thank you
I just got my first period after having a baby.My son is now 2months old.This is my 2nd child.I've always had normal periods that last between 5-7days long.My period has been on for 13days and counting.The first 3days it was barely anything there.After that its been heavy and I even noticed some blood clots.Of course theres some cramping.I will be going to the doctors this wk but I was anxious to know if anyone else has experienced this before I go see her (The Dr.)?Is this normal?I'm hoping there is nothing wrong.
Talk to your Dr. but mine were heavy after my boys, my regular periods go longer than 13 days many times & clot, so it would be normal for me, but maybe not for you.  I did notice my cycle changed some after my second baby.  Hope you feel better soon.  The first few periods after baby seem to be the worst.
I have a birth my daughter (5th) 6 weeks ago, finish bleeding after birth 2 weeks ago but today just like that very heavy bleeding and changed pads, when u stand up from chair, bleedings is everywhere runs down my legs and rush to toliet and my pads all soak wet of dark bloods, every 15-30 mins go to spend time in toliet. i feel tummyaches like inside pulling down/out of my body, and feel sick and cant eat regularly.
but i having problem with my partner, we r apart 3 weeks now at moment, do u think thats called stress causes bleeding?
Sometimes if you continously bleed for longer than exspected after giving birth and the blood  is literally pouring out, they may check you for retained placenta.  I know I did with two of my three kids.  They had to do an DNC after both deliveries.  You really need to get a hold of your doc if you think you might be having these problems.  Also another warning sign to look out for is if you get really tired really fast and fatigued(how ever you spell it).  That could be a sign that you are losing more blood than normal.