Methotrexate for ectopic pregnancy
I took a home pregnancy test on April 25, 2012 and it came out positive. My first reaction was concerned. I had an ectopic pregnancy in April of 2002 which resulted in having to have my right Fallopian  tube removed. I went to the doctor the very next day and they confirmed my pregnancy and started watching my HCG levels, they weren't doubling like they should have and on the following Tues. I started spotting so i went to the ER and they did my exam and my cervics was closed. They did an ultrasound and they seen a sac so they released me from the hospital. I had to follow up with my doctor on Thursday and they did another ultrasound and hcg check. They did not see the sac as they did on Tuesday so my doctor thought that this wasn't going to be a normal pregnancy, when my levels came back they had almost doubled in 48 hours so they weren't sure what was going on. On Friday I went to the ER again because I was hurting pretty bad. They saw a mass in my tube and were concerned so the admitted me to the hospital and my doctor came in the next morning. She told me that she had looked at the scans and thought they were over read but did confirm that I was not going to have a normal pregnancy and she gave me the option of having a DNC or Methotrexate to ensure that if it was a tubal pregnancy that my tube would be saved. We went with the DNC and after they tested the tissue after it was removed it was confirmed that I had another ectopic pregnancy. They administered the Methotrexate and was sent home. My levels were at 1010 and on Mon they were up to 1400, on Wed 5/10 They were down to 816 on 5/14 down to 157. So my levels are dropping quickly (thankfully).

My doctor is planning to do an hysterosalpingogram (HSG) in 6 weeks. Im concerned because I had the same test at the beginning of Feb. and it showed my tube was clear and then 2 months later I have an ectopic pregnancy.

Does anyone have an suggestions on vitamins I should start taking after my levels are back to Zero to help increase my chances of a normal pregnancy. I'm not sure I can emotionally handle a 3rd ectopic, and with only having one tube it really scares me because I want another child.
Hi!
Yes, tubal pregnancies are known to recur and I can understand your apprehensions. Normally tubal occur due to improper movement of the egg trough the tube due to poor ciliary function (hair like structures that help the ovum move). I am sorry but there are no medications to help avoid this. Take care!
I had an hsg in Feb and they showed my Tube was clear, I just had another hsg to make sure my tube was open and it is. Is there a chance of having a normal pregnancy after an ectopic? I only have one tube due to my first ectopic rupturing.