Maternal & Child Community
Mirena and Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Mirena and Bleeding

As most of you know I had my baby about 10 weeks ago. By my 6 week check up I wasn't bleeding anymore and then at 7 weeks I went in and got Mirena put in and they told me that I might spot a little after it. The first 2 days I spotted and then I started bleeding and for the last 3 weeks I haven't stopped. Are you supposed to bleed that long after its put in or is something wrong?q
I had mine put in 3 weeks ago and also wasn't bleeding any longer the day it was placed. Now I'm still bleeding from the day it was put it. Really not sure if its normal or not, but I think we could both say I hope it stops soon!
I bled/spotted with mirena for 6 months solid. It was highly annoying. I had many other side effects "they" say you can't have with it. Shortly after having it removed all side effects, including spotting went away. The day I had mirena removed I had the non hormonal copper iud placed. The doctor insisted that I would not see a change in the symptoms I was having and she was wrong. I love my copper iud. No side effects or spotting whatsoever. The mirena was not for me. The spotting was such a pain. Hopefully this goes away for you soon. I could not give it longer than 6 months.