Maternal & Child Community
Mirena

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Mirena

I have had the mirena inserted for almost 2 weeks now and at first i was just having spotting..but now its heavy and i'm cramping very badly. I'm breastfeeding and before i got the mirena i had NO period which was great but decided to get it cause i really dont need another child. Thinkin about gettin it out..any suggestions?
Its hard to say if it well get better, your body may need to adjust to having it so it may get better in a couple weeks to even months or so but in some cases it doesnt get better... my one friend is gonna get hers taken out, she has had it for over 6+ months but has frequent periods, bad menstral cramps and her hubby can feel it sometimes durring sex and says it feels like someones cutting him with razors... so not pleasant... but she is one of the unlucky ones... hopefully your body will adjsut and you wont be like that but its possible :(