Maternal & Child Community
Miscarriage: Did I have one? Please help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

So I skipped a month of my birth control and had sex without a condom, but he pulled out. (stupid I know, I don't need a lecture.) So I went back on it for about 3 weeks (maybe) and during the white pills, I stressed a bit because I thought I could be pregnant, and my period was like 3 days late. But my period was really weird too. It was lighter, and different than it usually was. I read that sometimes birth control can force you to have somewhat of a period even if you're pregnant. And about a few days after my period ended, I had slight spotting, and about 4 days after that ended, I had major bright red spotting, with clots, and then brown/red spotting continuing for about a week. During the bright red, I had some cramps, but not bad ones. Normally during my period, I barely get any cramps so getting these was kind of weird. Did I have a miscarriage? I really want to know if that was a possibility so I can tell the guy that it happened.
By the way I went off birth control after the first spotting in case I was pregnant. So I was off of it by the second spotting.
Forgot another thing sorry, I took a pregnancy test after the first light spotting but before the bright red clotty bleeding. It was negative, I think, but I think I screwed up the test because I moved it and didn't follow the instructions exactly and I didn't wait till the morning either. And it was one of those crappy tests. So I took it about 4 days after the end of my weird/light period.