Maternal & Child Community
Miscarriage after no heartbeat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Miscarriage after no heartbeat

Good morning I am just wondering if anyone can tell me when you will see signs or miscarry if the babys heatbeat stops. I had miscarriage in October (no heartbeat at 9 weeks) I am pregnant again and just worried it will happen again I am currently 12 weeks and we heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks. Sorry I am just a little nervouse and scared this one will miscarry too. Any advise is appericated.
I still have the same symptoms. The reason why I worry is because I still had all the same symptoms when I had the m/c mine was a missed m/c also I still felt pregnant. Has anyone heard that after you hear the heartbeat yoor chances of having a m/c go down?
I too had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks about 2 years ago (my 3rd m/c). I found out when i went in for an u/s. There was no heartbeat. I am now 11 weeks pg and we saw the baby and heard the heartbeat last week. Everything looks great. I know how you feel, I too have been very nervous. But my doctor said that once the heartbeat is seen the chance of m/c drops to under 5%. So just try to relax and I wish you all the luck!!!!
Hey there. I have had 2 miscarriages before. I went on and had my ultrasound at 7 weeks and 3 days, and I saw the heartbeat. The Dr. said that my risk of miscarriage goes down less than 50% just from seeing that. And then once you make it to 12 weeks there is a very slim chance that you miscarry. This is my 3 baby after my 2 miscarries, and im 10.5 weeks with this one, and everything has been going good as well. I would just relax you seem like your pregnancy is very healthy and progressing wonderfully!! Good luck to you, and God Bless!
Thank you all for your advise I really appericate it. Good luck to everyone and baby dust
I definately understand how you feel.  I had a miscarriage in September.  After seeing and hearing that baby twice, I thought everything was going to be ok.  I went to my twelve week visit only to find out the baby's heart had quit at 9 wks 4 days.  I had no idea.  Felt nothing.

I am currently 10 weeks pregnant.  I saw the babies heartbeat last week at 9 weeks 4 days.  I scheduled an appointment that day to make me feel better.  It was a strong 174.  Very pleased but still scared to death.  I have very little symptoms so it freaks me out even more.

I'm sure that you will be ok but I definately understand the fear.  I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes very well.
yes, my nurse told me after you hear a heartbeat, your chances of a mc go way down.
good luck and a happy pg!
No we haven't hear it since we have our next appt this Friday
I agreed with Stephd.  I am sure you are fine.  When I M/C, there was no sign, I had a missed M/C, the heart never grew and I thought I was pg the whole time.
Anyway, if you are worry, you can call your doc to request another U/S.
Good Luck!
I don't want to scare you, but I had a "normal" pregnancy and heard the heartbeat every month up till 18 weeks and then when I went to the u/s at almost 21 weeks we found out the baby had died, so it can happen after. There were no problems with him either all the tests came back fine,it just happened. The good news is that it doesn't mean that it will happen this pregnancy! My D,E, & C was done Dec. 23, 2004 and I had a normal pregnancy after and had my son Dec. 22, 2005.

You will worry the whole pregnancy at least I did, but try to just relax and enjoy that angel inside of you. I know it is easier said than done but just really try to realax and enjoy becasue the more you worry the more the chances of a m/c happening increases. Good luck God bless and keep us posted.
no not at all i lost my first angel at 6w had a blited ovum and im currently 28 weeks pregnet i been fine dont worrie hiney everything will be ok ill pray for you and you little one! baby dust to all****************************************************
I have a few questions. What exactly is a "missed" miscarriage, and what does it mean when you say babydust?
Just to let everyone know. I find out on Thurday if I'm still pregnant or not. I really hope I am. talk soon.
A missed miscarriage is well, to explain I had one. Basically they had heard the heartbeat thought everything was well, I had no bleeding or cramps, then went to get an ultrasound at 10 weeks and there was no fetal pole there. There could be a baby or not one basically but you don't bleed or expell the baby how you should. It usually results in a D&C. And babydust when you hear ppl say babydust to everyone, it means like they're sprinkling them babydust in hopes to conceive, or sticky baby dust once they do become pregnant in hope this will be a sticky baby and they won't lose it. Many women on here are trying to conceive and many have also miscarried.
I like hearing from you. It sounds like you've been through a lot and are experienced in this field. what does ppl mean?
I'M SO SORRY FOR ALL THESE M/C YOU'VE  BEEN GOING THROUGH..IF U DON'T FEEL CONFIDENT ABOUT YOUR DOCTOR NOT BEING 100% ABOUT THE U/S THEN DEFINALITY GET A SECOND OPINION....MY ADVICE 2 U WOULD BE TO LOOK INTO SEEING A DIFFERENT DOCTOR..I THINK ITS ALWAYS BETTER TO GET A SECOND OPINION,ESPECIALLY IN YOUR CIRCUMSTANCE....I HOPE EVERTHING WORKS OUT 4 U!!!SO SORRY FOR WHAT YOUR GOING THREW...BABY DUST ALWAYS....GODBLESS..
Hi. Here is my history.....My DH and I have been trying to have a baby since Nov, 2002. I got preg for the 1st time in May, 2004 after SEVERAL rounds of clomid and miscarried at 6 weeks. I continued on Clomid and got preg the 2nd time in Oct, 2004 and miscarried at 5 weeks. I had a D&C in Jan, 2005 because Dr. thought he saw polyps on my HSG test. There was nothing....had a D&C for nothing. He increased my Clomid to 150mg Days 3-7. I got preg in Aug, 2005 and miscarried at 6 weeks again. This time he started me on PRogesterone Supps and low dose aspirin but they didn't seem to help. Got pregnant again in Oct, 2005 and miscarried at 7 weeks and saw nothing in the uterus at my 7 week US. Dr thought it was ectopic and wanted me to take methotrexate shot to abort pregnancy. Miscarried on my own the day before I was scheduled to take the injection at 7-1/2 weeks. In December, we had an accident because I was supposed to be seeing a fert specialist around the 1st of Feb and I got pregnant without any medication. On Jan 17th when my cycle was late I got a BFP on a home test and called the Dr right away to have my blood work done. My hcg was 76.5 and progesterone was 12. He right away told me to use 2 50mg prog supps a day. A week later my progesterone had dropped to 8.8. He then started me on PRogesterone in Oil injections (once/day) and Lovenox injections (once/day). We saw the baby and the fluttering heartbeat last Wednesday, Feb 8th and were so excited and thought this was it after 5 unexplained m/cs we finally did it. We just had a 2nd US yesterday Wed, Feb 15th and the Dr couldn't find anything in my uterus but only looked via transvaginal US for a few seconds and right away said he thought it was another m/c. Has anyone ever seen a heartbeat one week and then a week later saw nothing? I have no cramps, or bleeding and have had no bleeding since my last period. I don't know what to think anymore. I am hoping that he was not thorough in his US yesterday because our appt was so late in the day.....Is there still hope? Please respond! I am on pins and needles worrying about this one. This would be my first baby and 6th pregnancy since May of 2004.  I am currently 8 weeks, 5 days.  1st US was done 7 weeks, 4 days and 2nd US was done 8 weeks, 4 days.  LMP was Dec 17th.
Thank you so much for the kind words.  I am trying to schedule a pelvic sonogram for next week so I am not going to give up hope just yet.  :)
No never give up until the bitter end ! :)
Please keep us posted on the pelvic or if you happen to get any further info on what is happening.
oh my gosh, I am soo sorry that you and your family are going through this. I have no advise on the subject I'm sorry to say, I just wanted to give you my support and good wishes. I realize that this is not an easy time and what is suposed to be easy and carefree is full of tears and saddness. I too had gone through only 2 m/c but it took me 8 years to finally give birth (and that was a C/section so I missed all the "pregnancy" things that woman talk of and I wasn't able to breast feed, etc.) but remember the final outcome of what you two are doing and going for and know that all of the heartbreak and tears IS worth it. Never give up hope and if you are the least bit septical of the docs. go get another one. It will happen for you I am just sorry that the road to your angel is a bumpy sad one. Please keep us posted and post any time you need a little support. God bless.
anyone have any helpful advice i miscarried in july 2005 with a missed miscarriage i had a ultrasound at 10 weeks showed that the baby was only 7 weeks when i was 7 weeks preg with that pregnancy i had Mono with very high fevers then in October of 05 i miscarried at 5 weeks after only seeing a yolksac now i am pregnant again i saw and heard a heartbeat of 110 at only 5 weeks and 5 days...the doc said that the heartrate will increase with time since the babys heart is still very new and just developing.. What are the chances that i could miscarry after seeing a heartbeat my levels are great at 5 weeks 3 days my Hcg was 17,176 and progesterone was 29.95 and i also am on progesterone supp. 100 mg every 12 hrs and it brought my prog level from 15.65 to 29.95 in a matter of a weekend.  I am 20 years old and i already have one child who is 2 never had any problems with my first child
I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully you are able to get some answers. God bless you and your family.
We had our 3rd sono yesterday and there was a sac but no embryo and no heartbeat.  I stopped my injections and am waiting to m/c on my own.  Dr is going to test the tissue that passes so I may get some answers finally.  We are planning to hold off a few months from trying and will be going to see a Fertility Specialist to see if they can give me some answers.
Everyone is different.  Each of my miscarriages were different.  Not to get you worried but I saw a heartbeat this last one one week and then the next nothing.  But for a normal person who doesn't have MY problems the m/c rate after seeing a healthy heartbeat is only 3%.  I say your chances are pretty good.  Good luck!  email me if you need to talk....I've been through 6 m/cs now and it just gets harder each time.  michele.***@****
Hi, I'm new here but I just had a quick question. Every woman in my family has had at least one miscarriage before they had a sucessful pregnancy. So I've been really paranoid about having a miscarriage and I smoke and have been trying really hard to quit. I'm 12wks and    
I've had two ultrasounds and have heard my babies heartbeat already. I was just wondering if anyone here smoked while they were pregnant and if everything went ok or if they ended in miscarriage. I'm not sure if this question makes much sense but I've been asking every woman I know about what they did while they were pregnant. I do realize that every woman is different and has different symptoms and problems in pregnancy but like I said I'm just worried about having a miscarriage or a missed abortion. Thanks in advance!
~Sarah
I have just read thru the message board after doing a general search... my history goes like this. Today I am twelve weeks pregnant in my sixth pregnancy.  My first pregnancy in 1996 delivered a healthy son, my second delivered a healthy son in 1999.  These two pregnancies were with different husbands and I had NO problems.  My oldest son died suddenly in 2002.  After a couple years, my husband and I decided to have another child.  In May 2004, at 12 weeks, no heartbeat could be heard and the U/S showed the baby had stopped growing at 8weeks. I had to have a D&C.  In Sept. I began spotting at a little over 7 weeks and though we saw a heartbeat on a Monday, I miscarried on Wed.  We decided to wait a while again.  In 2005 I was again pregnant and saw a strong healthy baby and heartbeat at 8 weeks.  At 12 weeks the heartbeat was absent and the baby had stopped growing at 10 weeks.  Studies were done on the baby after the D&C, and I was sent to a fertility specialist and have had TOO many tests! (all normal results!) I went the the specialist at 5weeks with this pregnancy.  From 6 weeks I saw the baby every week! At 10wks 2days..all looked great! I went back at 11wks 4 days and the heart was not beating! The baby looked perfect!  I was even on progestrone with this pregnancy. I am waiting today to hear from my dr. on when the D&C will be scheduled! Isn't it awful that we go thru these things with today's technology????
hi

just saw this forum its 5am where I am in the Uk I can't sleep all I can think about is the missed miscarraige (miscarriage) I was told about today when going for a nuchal fold ultrasound in my11th week of pregnancy which turned out to be the10th week according to the u/s
there was me worried there might not be a foetus & how embarressed would that make me anyway there was a foetus My BABY which the sonographer said didn't have a heartbeat she was a hard woman
my fiancee & I heard nothing? not even my bodys noise is that normal there was complete silence? do you think she was searching for a heartbeat in fiqures which would show on the computer screen

I'm so confused & terribly sad & upset I can't stop crying I'm 39 & this is my first pregnancy
I waited because I am now with mr right hes not perfect but he is my mr right

I'm beating myself up was it the hot bath I took a few days ago or was it painting the kitchen ceiling last weekend that did it? the hard sonographer said it probably happened about a week ago

she left the photos out which are meant for my dr why didn't she send them on herself when I left or hand them to me in an envelope? I think it wrong she just left them there on the table which I looked at I saw the babys little hands & everthing she then gave me some leaflets & told me there was a couple in the waiting room & we might want to be discreet

my fiancee was angry about that like should we have left through the back door? so we wouldn't stop those waiting to see their probably normal & happy ultrasounds

I just need to vent right now which I'm sure some people on here can understand & should anyone have some much needed advice that would be good

I think I'm going to have the op to remove the feotus rather than wait for things to flush naturally I couldn't handle that its bad enough thinking my baby is still in there
I'm booked in for monday feb 25th but can change my mind between now & then
I've had no spotting or bleeding of any kind since my last period which was dec 6th the babys heartbeat which I was told & read on the report was merely listed absent

I really wanted this baby & want to try once more when things have settled the sonographer said I should wait til I've had a normal period first then try
how does all of this including the op affect my chances of a normal pregnancy in the future

thanks for reading this

debbie