Maternal & Child Community
Miscarriage or Heavy Period???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Miscarriage or Heavy Period???

I had my daughter in November of last year.  I bled for an unusually long time (8 weeks as opposed to the normal 6 that I had with my other children).  I think the last week of my bleeding was a period, but then I missed my period in February.  Monday (8th) I started my period and it seemed normal.  Yesterday, I started bleeding profusely, passing large clots and actually pushing out tampons with the flow of blood, bleeding thru pads in minutes... the irony of it is I went and saw my doctor yesterday before it got too heavy.  Today, I'm having horrible abdominal cramping not unlike afterpains that I have experienced after giving birth, but my period's back to normal.  Could this just be a heavy period (my periods are pretty heavy anyway)that because I missed in February it's just trying to flush everything out and regulate itself, or does it sound like a miscarriage?
Wow!!!!  I don't know.  It does kind of sound like it could have been a miscarriage.  Maybe you got pg and because you just had a baby your body was not quite ready.  Did you take an HPT because I would think the HCG levels might still be there a little I am not really sure.  I would go to the dr just to make sure.  I guess, though, it is possible to have a period like that but I'm not sure.  Well I hope you find out what is going on and let us know.  Good Luck with everything.
I bought a HPT but havent had the nerve to take it.  Although I dont want to be pregnant so quickly (I didnt want to have another child at all...4's enough for me), I dont want to think of a miscarriage either.
Well, I took the pregnancy test and it came up positive.  I called my midwife and I got blood drawn to check my hormone levels checked and will have to have it drawn again on friday to see what the levels are.  She's pretty sure that I miscarried so I have an appt to see her to make sure that everything's well.
My dr told me that anytime you fill a pad an hour it's time to call him. He said that indicates a dangerous amount of blood loss. I would definitly call the dr.
I had a baby 7 months ago and started taking the pill before I had my first period. I am having a very heavy period and its gone into my fourth day, its bright red and seems to have tissue in it and its not my pill free week yet. could there be something wrong?