Maternal & Child Community
Mood Swings - End of Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Mood Swings - End of Pregnancy

I just have a question out there to everyone who is at the end of their pregnancy.  I am almost 38 weeks and I am so moody.  Everybody is on my nerves, and if I am not mad at the world I am crying.  WHY?  I had a horrible pregnancy and my baby (THANK GOD!) has made it and doing just fine.  I should be so overwhelmed with joy right now and instead everyone/everything is under my skin.

Things also keep going wrong.  My roof leaked in the baby's new room, I got a new roof - fixed the room just to have this horrible storm last weekend that flooded my brand new finished basement.  Its like I cannot get ahead in time for the baby.  I am still working but it is so hard.  I am so big, I gained 70lbs mainly due to being so sick in the beginning.  

Is this normal?  I just want to sleep until the baby is born but then that does not come easy either.  Please advise on how to get through the next couple weeks.  :)  
Thanks for you comments I am glad to see I am not alone although I dont wish it on anyone.

Gnicole - they say sex (proven actually) will thin the cervix even more.  Who the heck wants that when you hate your BF/Husbands at this stage.  lol

My doctor told me the same as you and as much as I want to have the baby right now I also want to wait not to mess up my leave.  Once these two weeks go by I am going to start jumping around the house like a rabbit.

I feel lots of presure down there these days so I think it is going to be sooner then later.
Sorry I didnt even see this post or I would've answered sooner.  Listen, I'm not a religious person by any means. You can say I'm more spiritual than anything.  I have faith that things will work out for everyone. No matter how knotted a situation is and no matter how they seem unfixable or impossible, there is always a way or a solution. Sometimes you dont even need to do anything and the solution just drops at your feet. I'm really sorry that you guys are going through this tough time, especially now! We all go through it and I know that things will work out.  Our babies will be coming soon and even if you dont have everything perfect, the way we wish they were, all these babies need is our love and attention. I've learned dealing with my stupid small apartment (dare I say room!) that, it's not how much space we have but  how we take care of her and love her. The apartment and space will come.  It will all work out. :)
It helps if I'm take it out on my b****y clients..LOL In this industry, you have to be extra nice but, since i"m leaving and cranky AND my boss is ALWAYS b****y so I can get away with it..lol Sad but true :)
Hi.. I've been forcing my bf into sex..lmao! Joke.. but, we've probably done it twice 9in a week) and from what i hear, it works. Something about the oxycotin (sp?) homone in their sperm that helps thin out the cervix. I also heard that the oxycotin (sp again) is the same hormone used to induce labor like pitocine (sp-sorry i'm dumb today, no sleep)
I'm also going to clean clean clean this weekend, and I've heard that works. And since it's going to be a wonderful weekend over here (60-70's) we planned a date for saturday. It will probably be our last for a LONG time so, we're going to a game and dinner, maybe a movie (yeah right i say that now and I'll be exausted after the game and want to go home).

Good luck!
I would have to say that everything you are talking about is normal.. just read my posts.. ( i just had mybaby about 2 weeks ago) ... i was a basket case... anger... tears... heck.. i was even throwing some things...lol.. i am sure it was hormones.  I am still going through some things.. i think the first week after i had Zane was the strangest... be prepared for some raging hormones there as well... i wish you the best.. and rest assured.. it wont  be very long before you are holding that baby in your arms!!
I feel the same way you do. I am very cranky. I never sleep more than 1 hour. We found out we owe a huge amount of money in taxes because my husband is self-employed, which is ridiculous because we don't even have enough money to pay the taxes. The government acts like we have all this money-what a joke, all of the money goes back into the business. What great timing!
Hang in there(I know easier said than done) but it will get better, I keep telling myself that! I was so annoyed when I went to the doctor on monday because she said the baby was completely dropped and my cervix was thinned but that means that I could go tomorrow or in 3-4 weeks. 3-4 weeks, I will go crazy.  Do you know any ways to induce labor naturally?? :)
I am with you girl.  I am so emotional.  Last night DH told me he had changed his mind about the name we picked out for our DD.  I am 5 weeks away from my due date and have to start over finding a name.  That is really stressing me!  I feel bad all the time, I am tired, my feet look like my grandmas, I can't sleep, my heartburn want stop!  I think that is enough to have a attitude about!
yeap, it's normal. I either get really p.o'ed at times for lil' things or I cry at the commercials on tv. I cried the other day as I was changing my son's cloth diapers, I was walking over to put the poo in the toilet, instead everything unraveled and a big pile of **** landed on my newly cleaned carpets. Of course he and the dogs have to come over to inspect what mamma's freaking out about.

I'm 38wks 5 days now, and absolutely miserable I tell  you. My boobs hurt (again) and are always leaking. I couldn't BF my other 2 kids as my milk never came in, so this is all new to me. I've had so many false labor episodes, and now the cx are strong enough that they wake me up at night and go on for 3 hours.

I'm getting ready to pack up the kids and head out to the mall. Hopefully all the walking and strain will push me out of prodromal labor land (early labor) and I'll be having the baby before this week's over!

so, you're not alone....I"m still here, you can always yip to me......
Yep, I was so sweet most of my pregnancy and then the last month hit and I got crabby.  I was contracting lost, not dialating, my back hurt, I was throwing up again, no sleep...it's nature's way of making you look forward to labor I think.  It should get better after baby gets here, but I agree with Motzartcowgirl, the first week or so after baby I was still a bit of a wreck.  Little Cameron will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I'm still a little grumpy, but atleast I'm starting to get a little more sleep.  
I can sympathise.  i'm 36 weeks and i'm really short with everyone at the moment.  A similar thing happened to me with a leak.  We just got one leak fixed in the babies room and i was just getting excited about it being finished and then we find another leak, so now our babies room looks like a bombs hit it and it really has upset me.  I feel like its one thing after another too.  I guess i just wanted everything sorted out by now so that i could relax at the last bit of my pregnancy.  

People are just going to have to put up with our moodiness right now, we can't help it.  We're tired, feel like we're the size of a bus, we're nervous, it's no wonder that we're extra sensitive right now.
wow.. you are a week in front of me... hey.. i would love to hear about how you are doing.. i am doing HORRIBLE.. i feel HORRIBLE.. i am getting anxiety alot.. i am sooo tired all the time.. and i wig out at the smallest thing.. i cant even do laundry without crying.. everything is sooo overwhelming.. and i have ALWAYS been the strong one.. i dont ever remember feeling so crappy with my other post partums... i even get nauseated right before i experience let down.. this is soo different than what i remember... how are you doing??/