Maternal & Child Community
Morning Sickness Before Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Morning Sickness Before Miscarriage

I was wondering if anyone had experienced morning sickness within a week of miscarry? I'm trying to figure out if I would still get morning sickness and something not be okay with the pregnancy....The doctor tells me it's a good sign to have morning sickness and with my other misccarriages I didn't but I thought I had read a few other peoples comments saying they had morning sickness and still miscarried....If anyone has any personal experiences to share...I go in on 6/2 for an ultra sound...as of last week the HCG levels look good and I've been a little sick on and off so I think everything is going good but I'm just always worrying with  my past history...thanks, Niki
I knew something was wrong when my symptoms disapeared completely. My breasts were no longer tender and my m/s had disapeared. I myself, never did feel the m/s again.

I too have been told that m/s is a good sign but there is one lady on here in particular (she can tell you who she is if she wants) that didn't have m/s and worried a bit at first, but has gone on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Hope that helps somewhat...
First of all, how far along do you think you are? I didn't get any m/s with this one until after 7 weeks and it gets progressivly worse. Not everyone gets it either. I didn't have it with either of my first two, both boys. It's 10 years later now and I think maybe that's why, or else I'm having a girl this time. Don't worry about it. If you are eating well and drinking plenty of water and resting, you may not ever feel m/s. I have never actually vomited from m/s. It happens when I am hungry or tired and sometimes when I eat certain things, mostly something sweet. It's like a wave of yucky feeling, sometimes like a big fat old hangover-headspins kind of.  Anyway, lots of time for you yet!
I was the same way, no symptoms except sore boobs (but that happened anyway until my cycle would start) until 7 weeks. Then no more sore boobs, just nausious (?) when my dh would cook in the evening. Got actually sick a couple times from brushing my teeth. The nausious (?) feeling finally went away at 4'ish months. THANK GOD!!!!
I never even got ms untill 6 or 7 wks with my pregnancies. And it was so mild this last time, that there were days I had none, and it really worried me. I have a healthy 4 mo old boy now..(well 3 of them.lol  Not all 4 months )..anyhow..

Try not to worry, it is still very early...
Thanks for your help....I am only 6 weeks along. With my first three miscarriages I never had m/s or headaches but knew I was pregant by missing my cycle. When I was pregnant with my daughter I got morning sickness probably at 7 or 8 weeks and had it pretty good all the way until the 4th month. I am just excited that things seem to be going well this time around and just getting anxious to get into the doctor to see a heart beat! I guess just because of all the problems before having my daughter I am just thinking things are going to smoothly this time....put I sure do hope everything goes well!!! Thanks again for your help!
I would think it would be different for every women, just a pregnancy is different.

When I had my miscarriage, I had morning (more like all day) sickness the entire 13 weeks.  It started before I was even supposed to start (thats how I suspected I was pg) and lasted up until the day before I miscarried.  I was nauseus (sp?) all day long could barely keep anything down.

With my previous pg, I had no morning sickness at all.  I did have bleeding throughout the pg and no cuase was ever determined.  My daughter was born 10 weeks early, but is happy and healthy today.

Tzigane
So you did have morning sickness all the way up until the day you miscarried? I was hoping it was a good sign I was experiencing nausea all day...How far along were you when you miscarried? With my miscarriages I never had morning sickness but with my daughter I had it for the first 4 months. I go in tomorrow for my ultra sound so I hope it is good news...thank you for your comments...
I did have it the entire time of the pregnancy that I miscarried. I was between 13 and 14 weeks.  We had just been in the previous week and listened to the heart and has a u/s.  When I would mention to the dr, we said that my morning sickness wasn't unusual. So I don't think that morning sickness would be a sure sign of a miscarriage about to happen.

If you are really concerned, call you dr and insist on an appt.  Mine was really good about seeing me whenever I was upset about something (which was a lot during my 1st pg).  Let us know what happens and I will add you to my prayer journal.

Tzigane
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I would just like to say that i have had 2 m/cs and with both i had no nausea or vomit!

I am pleased to say i am now pregnant again and have been put on 75mg of asprin a day to thin my blood to feed the baby, i have morning sickness, not bad but i do vomit, and to me thats a good sign that all is well!!

Hope this helps, any qs just message me

love 2 hear from you Lee-Ann x x x
It's hard after having a m/c.  You just kinda wait for it to happen again, I did, but it didn't, and my second little guy is 9 months old.  I was very sick with all of my pregnancies, actually even more so with the one I m/c, but it was a blighted ovum.  Usually m/s is a good sign, you have lots of hormones.  I would try to relax and take it day by day and pretty soon you will be coasting into the second trimester.  I wanted to wish you good luck, it's normal to be worried, but each pregnancy is different, if your Dr. isn't worried, try to relax ad enjoy the m/s!
I HAVE A SEVEN YEAR OLD SON. I HAD MORNING SICKNESS WITH HIM.I AM KNOW WITHCHILD AGAIN AND I HAVE MORNING SICKNESS AGAIN.I HAVE BEEN PREGNANT ON A FEW OCCASIONS WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE MORNING SICKNESS, AND THOSE PREGNANCIES WERE EITHER ECTOPIC,MISCARRIAGES,
THEY JUST DIDN'T GO WELL. SO AS UNCOMFORTABLE AS I AM I KNOW I WILL FEEL BETTER IN A FEW WEEKS. I AM ALSO IN STRONG AGREEMENT THAT MORNING SICKNESS MEANS HEALTHY PREGNANCIES.
I had a m/c before once and didn't have any morning sickness really at all, just felt very tired all the time.  I am pregnant again-yay!  But this time, I have lots of nausea (no vomiting-thank god).  We heard a heartbeat last week, so I am hopeful!  It must be scary not have m/s though-I can imagine, but I work with someone who has 3 kids and never had m/s.  I am so envious!
HI Everyone.

I'm 7 week's pregnant on my 5th pregnancy, The first 3, I miscarried under 13 week's, and on my last pregnancy things went wrong as soon as I reached 12 week's, and I lost my little baby boy at 20 week's.

I'm terrified now that thing's are going to go the same way. My doctor has put me on asprin to take every day, and I have my first scan next Wednesday. So my self and my husband are  nervous and excited about that.
I have very bad nausea for the last week, that's lasting all day, I'm also sleeping alot more than normal I have that feeling in my tummy since yesterday that I'm going to get my period so I think this is starting to panic me.

Best of luck to everyone.
xxx