Maternal & Child Community
Morning Sickness ALL DAY!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Morning Sickness ALL DAY!!!

Here I go again, just like with my first child, sick from the moment my feet hit the floor until I vomit at 9 or 10 at night.  Anyone have any good "remedies"?  The only foods I find appealing are hot and spicy.  Last night it was fried jalepeno peppers (I know you're thinking I deserve to be sick!!!!!!!!!!) Any advice???
No, I don't think you "DESERVE" to be sick but my goodness.......that is a very hot food.........LOL
Have you tried "mints"???? When I was pregnant with my 9 month old ds peppermints worked great for me. And now this time around I think I am sicker.......at least with him I was only sick in the morning now I too am sick all day. I do not actually vomit though.....just very ill feeling. The mints are also working this time around......Try that..
I'm sure others will have some great advice for you too.
Best of luck,
Vikki
My morning sickness was sooo bad for the first couple of months that I actually had to be medicated for it.  I lost 11 pounds and have only gained 6 of it back!!!  I dont remember what the name of the medication was but you take two tablets at night before you go to bed and you don't feel sick at all the next day, maybe a few bought of mild nausea but that's all.  Your lucky you can eat anything, I couldn't even keep down a glass of water, they were going to admit me for dehydration.  If you don't want to be medicated try buying some ginger root, boil it and have some tea, it really does work.  There are also a lot of herbal teas for morning sickness, cant remember the ones that were listed but if you call a health food store they should be able to help you out.  Good luck I empathize with you believe me.  Last time I had morning sickness that bad was when I was pregnant with my daughter, my son I had none, so I think this one must be a girl! !!!
I'm experiencing the same thing, only I don't actually get sick. Just a constant nausea 24/7. I love spicy food too, usually, but am finding pretzels, saltines & arrowroot cookies calm me down if it gets too bad. Also, don't let yourself get too hungry, that makes it worse.
Hang in there!
I agree try the peppermint. It was about the only thing that helped me. Trixie.... I thought the same thing about the girl, I have 2 boys and had no morning sickness with them but did with this one. I just knew it was a girl. Nope, wrong again. I think he was proud to show me he was 100% boy on the untrasound. Good luck! Danielle
Listen, I TOTALLY emphathize with you. I am now 37 weeks with my first child, it's a boy, and have been sick morning, noon and night with nausea and vomitting since the day of CONCEPTION>>>> Yes, you heard right. I have been put on medication and nothing has worked. Like you, I  throw up mostly at night and sometimes in the shower in the morning. It really has been like a horrible stomache virus since July.  I hope yours goes away, because I have been waiting on that magical moment, but I guess mine will stay with me until delivery. I have only gained 16 pounds, because I just can't eat anything. FOOD does not appeal to me. I will say fried, spicy and anything heavy would make it worse... So I would totally stay away from those things. Peanut butter toast, grilled cheese sandwiches, carbontated drinks, and goldfish crackers are about the only things I can eat. I have not even been able to take vitamins. Keep us posted and hang in there.... I feel bad for you, because know how much I have been suffering, but do know it will all be worth it.
My baby will be here in 3 weeks if not before, he weighs 5 pounds and 3 ounces now and I am 1 cm dialated....... I will keep everyone posted,
Judi
I had "morning sickness" all day everyday from 1 month on. I had to be put on prescription meds, but stopped taking them because they didn't help me. I even threw up with every contraction during labor. The things I tried were: eating protein before bedtime, keeping saltines or toast and water beside the bed to eat before I got out of bed in the morning, and taking my prenatal vitamin with a glass of fruit juice (the vitamin always made me feel nauseous if I didn't take it with juice). I tried those bracelets made for morning sickness, but it was a waste of $40 imo.  They make "preggie pops" (I think they are called) for morning sickness, but I never tried them. You can find them online...http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/preggiepop.html
saltines.
I was so sick in my first trimester I got down to about 92lb. The thing that helped me was just forcing myself to eat little bits through the whole day. I got over it for the most part by 4 months, but even now (26 weeks) if I sleep late (which causes me to go longer than usual between meals) I am nauseated in the morning. My prenatal vitamins made me sick too. I take 2 Flinstones instead of the prenatals (you get about the same amount of everything) and have done great on those. Good luck!
Have you tried SEA-BANDS? They are accupressure bands you wear on your wrists-worked wonders for me. I bought mine online, and you can also buy them at Mothermood Maternity.
They also sell Preggo-Pops. Sounds silly, but they are different flavoured lollipops to just keep in your purse, car, whatever, and are different flavours like peppermint and ginger. Also worked well for me.
I also found in that Tazo Chai Decaffinated tea from Starbucks (or whereever else you can find it) calmed the queasies.
Having said all this, I never did vomit-just wished I could, I was so queasey.

Hope some of this helps-hang in!
I am 32 weeks pregnant with a girl and I also have a 6 yr old DS and I was not really sick with either of them.  I had a moment or 2 in each pregnancy where I felt ill but it really wasn't anything.  The only difference with this pregnancy is I can't look at tomato sauce, it makes bile rise.  But with my DS I couldn't step foot into McDonalds, the smell alone made me naseaous.
With my first I was queasy most mornings until noon for 4 months and then fine for the rest.  With my second, I was queasy all the time and puked every day until about 18 weeks.  Lost weight too.  Very few foods appealed to me, but among them were BLT sandwiches on white bread (very odd for me), lemonade, and popcorn, not necessarily in that order or all together.  Everything sweet made me retch, even red grapes as opposed to green ones.  
I agree with advice given above to never get too hungry, and to keep nibbles closeby - I swore by saltines and nuts.  Also, it was slightly better when I nibbled a little before even moving in the morning - a few saltines and another 10 minutes lying in bed to let them settle my stomach made for a better start in the morning.  Good luck !