Maternal & Child Community
Morning sickness-Puking bile !!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Morning sickness-Puking bile !!

Hi...I am in to my 17th week tomorrow. I have had vomiting since the second month. After my 14th week, I only have morning sickness, otherwise I could puke anytime, though not regularly.

What I would like to to know is, did any of you ladies puke bile (yellow col yucky liquid!!Sorry ) the first thing in the morning? Eversince I had conceived I have had this, and now after my 14th week I only puke this just after waking up, or/and while brushing!!!
Any openion will be highly appreciated.
I had that and i had "morning sickness" throughout my 6th month.  Try waking up and eating saltine crackers before you physically get out of bed and then waiting a half hour or so.  This might settle your stomach and if you do have to get sick at least you'll have something in your system.
Feel better.
It is because there is nothing in your stomach. That is what helps digest food when there is something there to digest. The previous poster is correct. Before you even get out of bed, eat a handful (or more) of saltines. I keep them on my nightstand. Having just that little bit in your stomach before you even get out of bed and are able to eat breakfast really does wonders. Good luck to you.
With my DD i was really really sick and because I wasn't eating I would trhow up bile!! It was the worst feeling and I would try so hard to keep food down but it would never happen. My OB put me on Zofran so I could at least keep something down and it did help a little. Hopefully yours will subside soon!
Hi All, Thnx a lot for your advises. I tried eating some crackers just after waking up---I need to brush my teeth to eat or drink something!!--- did not help.Guess, have to wait it out.

I was wondering if everyone else threw up bile or I had some peculier problem :-) Feel better now.

I thought the bile has accumulated due to empty stomach, but the worrywart me!!!
The bile is definitely from not having anything in your stomach.  It can also ruin your teeth and gums.  If you have to, get up earlier and lie still for a whhile before actually getting up.  It seems that the motion of getting up is making you sick.  Eat lying down, let it settle then get out of bed.
Will try that out, Girly. Thnx.
I hope you feel better.  It's the most horrendous thing, I know.
Yep, I went through this too.  Eating did not really help.  That is, eating usually made me feel worse and I would still end up throwing up.  For me, it was easier to just throw up bile (this happened almost every morning for about 2 weeks when I would brush my teeth) and then eat later.  I know that contradicts what most people say, but eating was just always so much worse for me.
Well, to hell with my own advice I guess. After I had posted, I was getting ready for work. I had eaten a bagel, took a shower, got dressed, then BAM....toilet here I come!!! I must say though. Throwing up food, at least for me, is easier than just throwing up nothing. 15 weeks tomorrow and the morning sickness is still in full swing. Oh the joys of pregnancy :o) Haha, and when I call DH to let him know I have just puked my guts out, he says "well, that's great!!" No sarcasm involved. At least I know I am still pg, and the baby is doing its job I guess. :o) That at least keeps me smiling :o)
Yup, I tried tea and crackers first thing in the morning, but would throw up in 15 minutes.But that has reduced now.
It is only once in the morning just when I wash my face or brush, it subsides in a while.
What I found useful is eating something starchy!!! as breakfast, toast does not help me.
Hello to everyone! This is my first time ever to posst a comment-so bear with me. I am 16wk preg and have been since about 2 months. I had been so extrememly nauseous, I couldn't even open my mouth. I tried everything- all the little tips and hints that everyone gave and no help whatsoever. I had to go to the emergency room a couple of times because of dehydration. Most doctors just say "Well you know that 80% of women are sick in the beginning?"  Well duh, you jerk, (obviously a man that has never had to go through anything like this before!!!!) Anyways, I was given IV fluids and was given Phenergan, Regalan, and Zofran. None helped. I understand being sick, but I have already lost 20lbs. Last week MY doctor put me in the hospital, gave me fluids and they did an ultrasound on my gall bladder. I didn't have any stones, but I had some "sludge" as they call it. The doctor put me on a low-fat diet and gave me Vistaril. What a miracle!!!! I still wake up somewhat nausea. I take a pill twice a day and I feel so much better. I can actually eat, get up and do a few things around the house and actually leave the house if I want to. This is something I would definitely talk to your doctor about. I hope this info can be of some help.  Good luck!
I'm 14 weeks now, and I've had that since week 5.  It's the same for me, happens first thing in the morning and after brushing my teeth.  I've also tried eating before getting out of bed.  Doesn't help or change anything.  I think you just have to wait it out.
I'm glad someone else is experiencing the same thing.  I was starting to freak out about it!
I had it every morning like clock work with my first pregnancy until I was 5 months. I had it a couple times during this pregnancy too. It sucks and nothing helped it. Tastes like throwing up crushed up asprin.
have a plenty fruit before you sleeep like bananaz,
milk sometimes helps for mild stomach upsets, or have a decent meal 2 hours before, you sleep protien would be ideal as this will not turn to body fat, and small amount of carbohydrate, finish off with a small portion of fruit and should be all good
then start youre morning with a nice big breakfast and  the day is yours!
ive tried the crackers before getting up out of bed and i still puke, ive tried what seems like everything and nothing works.  so i just deal with it the best i can. my dr. said that if you cant hold anything down then just drink gatorade, and some broth.    ive talked to my doctor about the pills for morning sickness but he said that they don't know if it has any side effects on the baby yet.
I'm going to be brutally honest...I am 13 weeks pregnant and everything makes me throw up.  No matter what I eat, drink, 90% of smells...I'm glued to the toliet for most of my day.  I've tried crackers, toast, water, ginger ale, sprite, tea, resting, you name it.  If it's listed on the internet I've probably tried it.  I'm sure it's hyperemesis again, I finally have my first appointment in 3 days and we'll see.  Here comes the brutal part...my vomiting has gotten so bad, I've been able to identify what tastes okay coming back up.  Not that anything tastes "good" on the rebound but some things are better than others.  For example, pickles, mexican food, milk (or anything with milk products in it) and grape juice are rancid.  Strawberry jello isn't that bad actually.  At this point, I'm literally afraid to eat in fear of having to throw it up.  I'm so exhausted so it takes a lot to round up the energy to make anything...and after throwing it up I have to eat again.  Its a vicious cycle.  Hopefully, it's over soon.
kt1988, absolutely see your physician about this.  There are some good meds available, and in severe cases one might need a PICC.

Good luck--sounds awful!