Maternal & Child Community
Mother's warmth revives a clinically dead new born!!! Amazing stor...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Mother's warmth revives a clinically dead new born!!! Amazing story!!

Saw this story on MSN this morning and brought tears to my eyes.
An Aussie woman delivered her twin babies at 26wks and the baby boy was declared clinically dead upon delivery. The mom held the baby on her chest skin to skin for 2hrs and talked to him. Told him his name and that his twin sister survived. A few moments later the baby started gasping and the doctors told them they are just refluxes and not to get their hopes up. Later the baby opened his eyes and started sucking mother's finger... The twins are now 5months old and doing great!!
What an amazing story . A miracle indeed...
Wanted to share this with all the TTC moms .. don't give up hope..Miracles DO happen!!!

Here's the link:

http://today.   msnbc. msn. com/id/ 38988444
That is amazing. As a mother of twins I couldn't imagine loosing one of the boys.Or for them to loose each other...even when they were newborns we couldn't separate them. The only time they would sleep was together in the incubator. They're 2 years old now and still inseparable. In fact I just went to check on them and they're curled up in one of the beds sleeping.