Maternal & Child Community
Movement at 24 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Movement at 24 weeks

Hi all:
I'm 24 weeks pg tomorrow and was wondering what type of movement everyone around 24 weeks was feeling.  I feel my baby boy move every day without fail, but some days he's really active and other days, he is not.   Two days ago he was sooo active, today and yesterday - not quite as active.  I'm so anxious about everything these days, and I know there have been a million postings about this (I'm sorry), but I would really like to hear everyone else's experience at about this time of pg. I read that the most action should occur between wks 24 & 28.  Thank you all!!!!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i am 26 weeks and it feels like there is a war going on in there
Blank
142722_tn?1281537216
We are just days apart.  I am 24w3d and my boy moves quick a bit - right now as I type.  Some days he is a little quite, but for the most part he kicks me hard.  I am now starting to see the kicks - when I lie down and I'm still I can see him move.  He moves at about the same times everyday - morning and late evening.  He kicks me very low too
Blank
130265_tn?1277406547
my babe is always going thru movement changes. For 2 days he'll be real active, then quiet for 3 days. I'm 32.4 weeks and he still does this.

I remember around your stage I thought he'd be real active like my 1st and 2nd were, but every baby's different.
Blank
142722_tn?1281537216
when are you due - I'm due June 26th.
Blank
Hi.  A bunch of us are due around the same time (31 weeks). But around 24 weeks some of us noticed that our baby's had their "quiet days".  It really freaked us out and even put me in an upset mood when this happened because i would get so worried. It's normal. I know it will drive you nuts but, they are just like us, they have there up and down days.  Even now, she has her sleepy days, and she has her, I'm trying to pop out of mommy's belly button days. :-) Today is a quiet day, but she is bigger so I feel more than what I use to.  
If your really worried, I would suggest renting a doppler.  But as long as you feel him/her just a few times a day, I think he/she is ok.
Blank
174483_tn?1327629077
i remember at around 24 weeks it felt as if the baby was all over the place, with quick movements, later, at least for me, the movement slowed a little as it got more cramped, and the kicks stopped getting as swift and more like she was draggin her elbows and feet, (and whatever else) along my tummy , oh and as you get closer to the due date, i got a lot more lop sided, she would be completly on one side,
Blank
OH THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!  You all have really made me feel so much better.  I was in a meeting right after I posted this, and he was kicking a lot more during that.  He kicks a lot around lunchtime, late afternoon and evening.  Today, he's just a little quieter.  To those who are interested, my due date is 6/29 -We are all so fortunate.  Thank you thank you thank you.  Now, I can go home early and take care of one of my dogs. :)  The other gets to go to the vet with DH.  :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...