Mthfr
I was wondering if anyone knows the effects of mthfr on pregnancy and the prefered treatment. I am 8 weeks pregnant with homo c677t and homo a1298c my doc has me on 0.5mg of folic acid but I keep reading about b vitamins and thinners. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Hi!
Actually there are conflicting reports of relation between MTHFR gene, raised homocysteine levels, and pregnancy complications. Evidence supports that raised homocystine in eclampsia, placental disruption, and low birth weight, is the effect of these complications, and not their cause. Women with MTHFR gene do give birth to children with neural tube defects more often than women without the gene. Hence it is ok to take folic acid. However, genetic counseling is a must, and the pregnancy needs to be monitored more judiciously. Take care!
Thankyou so much for your reply. My last daughter I had a pe and raised blood pressure and her placenta on delivery was full of clots also her cord blood flow was not good in the later stages  My doc has me on 0.5 mg of folic acid but he has said nothing else about what action will take place I have had 3 miscarriages since my daughter and I'm worried sick that this baby will not be so lucky