Aa
A
A
Close
Mucas plug question? How do you know if you lost it
I'm 36 weeks and 5 day. Dialated to 2 and 75% effaced.. My question is If you are already effaced and the doctor can feel my baby's head, have i already lost the mucas plug?
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578 tn?1463413330
If the doctor is actually feeling the baby's head, his fingers are getting into the cervix and this would mean either the mucous plug is gone or is off to one side.  My mucous plug left me a week before the cervix even began to open.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
not necessarily, no.  you'll know when you lose it because you'll have this snotty-like mucus on your toilet paper.. sometimes it will have a blood tinge, other times it's whitish/clearish.  im still losing pieces of mine every now and then and the doc checks my baby's head at every weekly appt. (im 3 cm and 90% effaced).  

good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i am not dilated at all-i am jealous-ha
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Does it hurt when they start to feel for baby's head and check for effacing and dialation?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
174483 tn?1327629077
it didnt hurt me when they check, well that i remember, but i was already 4 cm and 100% effaced, when the doc would check in his office however it would be uncomfortable, but not extremly painful
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
no more uncomfortable than a regular pelvic exam.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources