Maternal & Child Community
My 2 1/2 won't pee or poop in the potty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My 2 1/2 won't pee or poop in the potty

My daughter is 2 1/2 and she very smart. She tells me when she has poop or is wet, so I decided to start potty training,plus she wanted to wear panties instead of diapers, however she won't go on the toilet, she will hold it till I put a diaper on her for nap or bedtime,or she will have accident with her panties. We read books on the potty, I offer her candy, books, etc. She wont' go on the potty. We have even sat in the bathroom for over 1/2 hour and the minute we got done and put her panties she peed. Any suggestions? My older daughter has even tried to show her how it's done and how to do it, but nothing seems to work. She is doing the same thing at daycare too. If you take her panties off and put a diaper on her she gets mad cause she's not wearing panties. So I really don't want to stop, I just need to know what to do to get her to pee in the potty.
Tags: pees
My dd sorta did the same thing at first.  I didn't push it too much, and I told her she had to wear the diper like a baby until she wanted to go on the potty.  She did not like the diapers either, but I didn't give her a choice, I let her get mad.  Then one morning she woke up and said she had to pee pee so i put her on the potty and that was that.  I think we had poop accidents the first 2 days. Another idea, if she decides to go in her panties, try to let he clean herself up to start, she probably won't like it.  Maybe if she thinks having to clean her own mess is yucky she will change her mind.  But, remember, she is only 2 1/2.  She may think she's ready but doesn't understand yet.  My dd was 2 1/2, but we had been trying off and on since her 2nd b day.I kinda let her do it on her own and was very blessed that she has done so well so young.  Give it time and good luck.