My 2 YO has Henoch-Schönlein purpura
My 2 year old was diagnozed with HSP 8 days ago after we rushed him to the ER with severe joint swelling and pain along with the "classic" rashy/bruise-y/lesions on his arms, legs, and buttocks. We have been having his urine tested every few days to check for protein and have had his BP checked as well.

This morning he woke up running a fever of 102 and complaining of head and neck pain.
Could this be related to the HSP?
I doubt that this is related to the HSP, but regardless, he should be seen by his pediatrician or the specialist who is treating him for the HSP.
I'm sorry that your little one's going through this.  Unfortunately, I know nothing about HSP so i can't offer any advice.  Is there any treatment for it?
I had HSP when I was a child, and I first presented with unexplained joint pain and swelling at 7 years old, but no one ever brought up a possible vascular disease as the cause.  Only when I was 9, and after 4 bouts of severe strep throat did it come out.  I went to the hospital with blood in my urine, and was in severe kidney failure.  After 2 kidney biopsies, they finally diagnosed with HSP.  I was treated with several medication and spent 2 weeks in the hospital.  Over the next 2 years I took prednisone, and eventually my creatnin levels and kidney function returned to normal.  I still suffer with joint issues, but my kidneys made a full recovery.  

I would have your childs blood levels tested immediately.
I am 19 and i had HSP at the age of 17.And still fighting this well the long term effects but from experance whats happening with your son is normail for HSP but really keep in toutch with your doctor they can help fro the things that come next and getting medication to help.
I am also suffering from HSP for more than 6 years.I  also tale predisilon ,Azithiopring,Ramipril,Aspring.But my Doctor says i have to take this drugs for ever.
can't be HSP cure?