Maternal & Child Community
My LEFT foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My LEFT foot

I have no clue whats wrong with me.  Just my left foot and ankle is suddenly swollen, but it doesnt hurt at all.  I dont remember twisting my ankle or anything.  Does anyone know what is going on?  My husbands making fun of me calling me Big Foot.
Avatar n tn
Are you pregnant?

There are a number of things that could be happening.  You should get this checked out ASAP.
Avatar n tn
Oh yes, im almost 23 wks along, and so far everything has been fine.
Avatar n tn
Yeah this is really weird.  No pain at all, just the left ankle and foot and it stops at my ankle, it doesnt go up my leg at all.  I know you can have swelling during pregnancy, but i just think this is strange becuase its just one ankle and foot.  Well thanks for your help, i hope this isnt a big deal.
Avatar n tn
You should probably call your OB right now (yes, on a Sunday), and let him/her know what is going on.  Your OB will decide if you need to be seen now or whether it can wait until tomorrow.

Don't worry about "bothering" the doctor.  They would rather be bothered than have you not tell them something that could be very important.

Is there any pain in the calf part of your leg?  How far up does the swelling go?  And am I correct that it is only one leg/foot?  Is there a red or hot area, or any area painful to the touch?
Avatar n tn
my left ankle and foot are also swollen