Maternal & Child Community
My baby is 2 1/2 months and i started my period...is that normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My baby is not 3 months yet and i started my menstration ending of july.  Is it normal to get so early?  I only breatfed him for 1 month and didnt want it anymore.
It could still be some postpartum bleeding--that is what happended to my SIL--she visited us 7 weeks after her baby was born and she had some bleeding.  But to be sure, you can ask your DOC
Yes, I think that is normal if you are not breastfeeding.
Very normal if you aren't breastfeeding that's when I usually get mine. I usually bleed for 4 weeks. Stop for about 3 to 4 then bleed again! Congrats on the baby btw!
my son is probably the same age will be 3 months on the 13th and i have already had 2 periods so its completely normal i wouldn't worry about it at all
I breastfeed my son for a year, but I still got my peiod 6 weeks after he was bornn and had monthly periods consistantly after that.  Doctor said it was nothing to worry about but was surprised to hear I was still breastfeeding.
Yes very normal nothing to worry about I didnt get a period until I stopped breastfeeding and that will be why yours has come back so soon if you were still breastfeeding you probably wouldnt have a period yet.
yes totaly normal
I breastfed my daughter exclusively, and still started my period when she was only 2 mos., so I guess there is really aa range of normal.
SO, is it okay to still breastfeed a baby while haviung your period?  I havent breastfed mine for about 2 months...what if i want to start agian because my breast still has little milk...would it be okay?