Maternal & Child Community
My baby is 2 1/2 months and i started my period...is that normal?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My baby is 2 1/2 months and i started my period...is that normal?

My baby is not 3 months yet and i started my menstration ending of july.  Is it normal to get so early?  I only breatfed him for 1 month and didnt want it anymore.
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
116879_tn?1266519849
It could still be some postpartum bleeding--that is what happended to my SIL--she visited us 7 weeks after her baby was born and she had some bleeding.  But to be sure, you can ask your DOC
Blank
Yes, I think that is normal if you are not breastfeeding.
Blank
Very normal if you aren't breastfeeding that's when I usually get mine. I usually bleed for 4 weeks. Stop for about 3 to 4 then bleed again! Congrats on the baby btw!
Blank
123128_tn?1189759427
my son is probably the same age will be 3 months on the 13th and i have already had 2 periods so its completely normal i wouldn't worry about it at all
Blank
I breastfeed my son for a year, but I still got my peiod 6 weeks after he was bornn and had monthly periods consistantly after that.  Doctor said it was nothing to worry about but was surprised to hear I was still breastfeeding.
Blank
Yes very normal nothing to worry about I didnt get a period until I stopped breastfeeding and that will be why yours has come back so soon if you were still breastfeeding you probably wouldnt have a period yet.
Blank
yes totaly normal
Blank
I breastfed my daughter exclusively, and still started my period when she was only 2 mos., so I guess there is really aa range of normal.
Blank
SO, is it okay to still breastfeed a baby while haviung your period?  I havent breastfed mine for about 2 months...what if i want to start agian because my breast still has little milk...would it be okay?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...