Maternal & Child Community
My baby keeps having rash around his neck
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My baby keeps having rash around his neck

My baby keeps having this red rash around his neck that looks wet every time.  When i feed him he is not messy so, he is not getting wet under the neck but its really strange.  It goes way sometimes but always comes back.  His skin also looks dry all the time.  I tried all kinds of soap and hypoallergenic soap not working. any suggestions?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
If it is largely under his chin, he could be drooling.  A pal's little girl basically clamps her chin to her chest a lot of the time (she is too young to sit up entirely straight) and her drooling gets trapped in there.  Her mom finally gave up and has her wear a bib just to absorb it LOL.  When she does get a rash from it, it does look red and wet.
Blank
I would have to agree with annie.  Also, with his chin clamped to his neck, he may be sweating under there as well...i tend to sweat when i've got skin on top of skin.  Especially in this brutal heat.  One of my friends used a gold bond baby powder...but i'm not going to swear by it.  I've never used it.  But it may be something to look into.
Blank
he doesnt drool but yeah its probably sweat. Thanks ladies!
Blank
141601_tn?1264732309
my son had the exact same thing it's like a heat rash but the dr gave it a name sorry i can't remember what it was. anyway i was told to put cornstarch on it and it cleared it up right away i wouldn't use baby powder b/c it can get into the baby lungs.
Blank
I would say heat rash, and then he sweats and that's what it is.
Blank
If you think it's from sweat, try putting a little  dry cornstarch on his neck a couple of times a day. This should soak up any moisture, and is very safe.
Blank
I've noticed my daughter has a rash around her neck! Mainly the back! What should I do?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...