Maternal & Child Community
My baby shaking her head rapidly from side to side while sleeping
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My baby shaking her head rapidly from side to side while sleeping

My two month old has started shaking his head very rapidly from side to side while sleeping. She is developing a bold spot on the back of his head. She looks so unhappy when he is doing this. It happens if he starts to wake at night but not fully awake. I am a new mommy and this is our first baby. Everyone else sound like their babies are older than mine and doing this. Is there anything I can do to stop this habit? I am concerned
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
You are using both sexes when describing your baby.  Umm, Yes,  I think you should consult the pediatrician. I mean, if he/she is just moving around to try and get comfortable that is one thing, but you say shaking very rapidly, this is what would make me call.  Does your baby do this while awake ever?  
Blank
My children did this around this age when they were sleeping. It stopped about a month later. See a pediatrician if you are concerned (always best to check things out) but I suspect that this will pass- it is just your baby falling into a different sleep phase. I wouldn't worry about "habits" quite yet and the hair will grow back for sure, especially when your baby spends more time sitting up by herself (down the road) and on her belly during tummy time.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank