Maternal & Child Community
My baby spits up all the time
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My baby spits up all the time

My baby spits up all the time.  I have had her formula switched 3 times. She is now 6 months and is spitting up the jar food as well.  The doctor says if she is gaining weight she is fine, but I am not fine with that answer.  Something is wrong or she would keep her food down.  I decrease her milk intake to 3 oz.  everytime she eats.  and increase the cereal on the spoon.  Any ideas as to what is wrong with my baby?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
127124_tn?1326739035
At 6 months she really shouldn't be getting much except for forumula. If she is spitting up the jar food maybe you are  feeding her too fast?  or maybe too much?  Maybe she can't stand the texture.  
Blank
Sounds like she has acid reflux. Obviously it sounds as if she had this problem prior to starting her on baby food, right? I would bring it up to the pedi again.
Blank
Maybe try feeding her less food/formula more frequently? I'm sure she'll grow out of it. And your doctor is right, as long as she's gaining, she's okay. My DS did this. We didn't even use burp clothes, we used terry cloth hand towels over our shoulders!
Blank
My son has acid reflux, he spits too, but even before they caught it, he was a spitter in the hospital.  I was told some babies just are and if they are gaining weight it's nothing to worry about.   IF she seems uncomfortable, then be sure to call the Dr. right away, could be reflux and it can be bothersome.  Otherwise, just a baby thing.  I make sure to keep Cam upright.  Even on meds for his reflux he spits, just a spitter I guess. My first son never spit so I was surprised too, but they have never been concerned for Cam, he's a big boy too.
Blank
175662_tn?1282217256
That is the same thing my pediatrician said about Lilith's spit up issues.... but as long as  she was gaining weight she was okay... maybe I'm over filling her fuel tank.
Blank
When she spits up, does she seem uncomfortable or she's content?  If she's fine and is gaining weight properly, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Blank
my son is now 7 months and all he does is spit up its so frustrating to take him any where and now that he can move its hard to contain where he pukes but hes also 22 pounds big boy so his dr says the same thing hes a big boy no worrys he will grow out of it by a year i sure hope so had him on zantac didnt seem to do much now my sister had her son a month after mine and he spit up only he coughed screamed only gained only a pond in a month he was very ill he was put on stomach meds that he very much needed so if you are unsure you wouldnt be because when there is a problem you will no it
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...