Maternal & Child Community
My friend's little sister is having her baby today! Only 27 weeks...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My friend's little sister is having her baby today! Only 27 weeks!

My friend's (since kindergarten) little sister, who's 18 years old, is having her baby today.  She is only 27 weeks along and they cannot stop labor.  We are leaving soon to go be with her.  She is basically alone, so going to give her support.  I had two premiees, but not that premiee.  Please keep them in your prayers!  Any moms with 27 weeker support?
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Wow...that is very kind of you to go support her.  Everyone should have someone who cares about them that much.

Please know that I will say a prayer for all of you.  Good luck.
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
My cousin was born at 28 weeks, spent a month and a half in the NICU and came home before her due date! She's now a healthy, happy and VERY active 7 year old! :)

I will be thinking and praying for your friend! Sounds like she is very lucky to have you in her life!
Blank
207106_tn?1189759422
My prayers are with that little baby.
Blank
My prayers are with her and the baby, I pray that she has a healthy baby and labor....

Keep us posted on the delivery and baby and mom..

Good Luck and God Bless
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Good luck to her!
Blank
208737_tn?1267677426
My prayers are with her and the baby...She is very luckey to have a friend like u..keep us posted
Blank
I'll keep them in my prayers too, best of luck to the little one.
Blank
Thank you all for your prayers.  Baby Boy Jacob Ryan was born at 6:41pm last night weighing 2lbs 4oz.  He's 15 inches long.  He's doing great all things considered.  He's on a CPAP.  They tried doing a canula today, but the attempt failed...he wasn't ready, so he's back on CPAP.  He's jaundice, but that's normal too.  He's really doing great for a 27.5 weeker!

Mom's doing great, having a hard time learning to pump, but she'll get there.  It's a very sticky situation with dad and grandma though.  Grandma is an overbearing control freak and boyfriend/dad is a possessive jerk!!!  So, she's in a tough spot.  

Thanks again!  Keep the prayers going!
Blank
I wish her good luck!  These days with the technology we have I'm sure he will be just fine.  What is CPAP?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...