Maternal & Child Community
My girlfriend is late for her period, what should I do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My girlfriend and I had un-protected sex last weekend, but I did not ejaculate inside.  Now she is late, and I'm very concerned.  She says that she usually has abnormal cycles, sometime 2 or 3 days late, once 5 days late.  Her last period was May 25, it is now June 1.  She won't seek medical aid, but I think she should.  Is there anything I can do?  I'm pretty ignorant about the menstral cycle, somebody please inform me.
Hello heyyu617, I just want to be sure of something first. Was her period supposed to start on May 25th or did she start her period on May 25th. If she started on the 25th she is not late and would not be late until 30-35 days after the 25th, if she is late sometimes. But if her period was supposed to start on the 25th. then there is a possability of her being pg or she is still just late. If I were you I would go yourself and get a pregnancy test and ask if she would take it.

I would also like to add something on her age and her menstral cycle. Depending on how old she is. Young girls until they reach 19-20 give or take a year. Well there cycles are irregular and they sometimes don't always have there period every 28 days until they get a little older.

I hope everything works out for you and your girlfriend, there are also great Crisis Pregnancy Centers out there that will test for free. All you do is look in the phone book for it.

Take care
Christine
Hi, thanks for the response.  Correction on the date of my girlfriend's period.  It was on April 27, and it has been 5 weeks since then.  
I've asked her to seek medical advice at out local health center, but she isn't willing.  I think I will get a pregnancy test for her.  
How long should I wait before panicking?

Well, she could be. Just go get the test and beg her to take it. She may be really scared and in denile. Good luck, please let us know how you make out.
You have plenty of time before she needs to see a doctor, but just in case she should stop drinking/drugs/nicotine use.  The importance of finding out is really just peace of mind, not medical, other than like I say, stopping substance use/abuse.  Don't get too worried yet, but keep us posted!  (And don't use the pull-it-out-and-pray method anymore! <wink>)
My girlfriend is 3 days late.  We had  sex unpretected 2 or 3 times but i always stoped and ever came close to ejeculating. She usually freaks her self out when it is time for her period and is  usually late.  I dont know what to do.  Any advice.
my girlfriend is late. We had sex 2 or 3 times but i never came close to ejaculating.  Ahe is usuall late what should i do.
Please help,
Me n ma galfrnd had unprotected sex twice but I didn't ejaculated inside she had her periods on april 24 till now she hasn't got her periods we had the test twice but the result was negative what should we do. Last month we also had exams due to which she was stressd could this be the reason? Please help