Maternal & Child Community
My husband in driving me nuts! Anyone else having the same problems???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ok, I'm 32 weeks now, and feeling VERY VERY irritable... With my last pregnancy I was so happy and content, never feeling angry or upset. My husband and I are going to be celebrating our 1 year anniversary on March 29th. With the last pregnancy, he wasn't around much because he was in college. But now it seems like everything he does irritates me to no end. When he puts his arm around me or tries to kiss me I get so mad. I dont know why... He asks me why I am so mean to him and treat him really badly, but I honestly cant help it. Its like I talk before I think... and now he keeps telling me i'm blaming it on the pregnancy and that I could stop it if I wanted to, but I dont know how! And im so sick of being told pregnancy is just an excuse... Is there anyone else out there that is experiencing this?!?!?!?!
OH Yes!!  Im a total b----!  these days.  Dh can never do anything right.  I feel so guilty for being so nasty but I find I say things without thinking and say exactly how I feel.  We are not aloud to have sex b/c of bleeding during this pregnancy and I find that has put a strain on things.  He's fine with it, but I miss being close to him.  Im always feeling crappy and tired so I just want to sleep and he totally gets neglected.  Your alot further along than me....Im only 14 weeks.  Im sure once you have the baby everything will be fine.  Hang in there.  I'll take that advice too. LOL!!
I'm a terrible wife right now.  I don't stay up late anymore, and 'hang out'.  I can't even keep my eyes open for a movie.  I pretty much go to bed when the kids do.  And, he smokes (never in the house), and smells sooooo bad to me right now.  Sometimes, I even crack the bedroom window so it smells fresh.  Seriously, I am an x-smoker and all, but wow, it smells really bad when your pregnant.  So, I complain to him about that....All in all, I'm not very nice either.  And the poor kids, my patience aren't what they used to be.  I'm just very irritable.  

I'm a stay at home mom, and so are a lot of my friends.  I always have friends and their kids over, and lately, I don't even do that, because they make such a mess.  Nobody ever seems to volunteer to pick up much either.  So, now when they come over, I ask them to help clean up before they leave...which I should have always done.  

They all think that I'm b-i-t-c-h-y.  Oh well, I'm too tired to pick up after all these people....and God knows, my husband cleans NOTHING.  He is in charge of the yard (nothing to do w/it in the winter), and sometimes he takes out the trash.  I'll stop now...shouldn't have gotten me started.  I think I could have spent the rest of Sat. complaining about things.  
I should just be thankful for what I have, and shut up!
I was very bitchy during certain phases of my pregnancy.  After I had dd, I hated my dh.  I wanted him to move out.  Granted I had a colicky baby and a dh that did not help at all.  I called the doctor in tears after weeks of this and he called in a prescription for me for post-partum.  It worked wonders within days.  If any of you experience this after you give birth, dont hesitate to call the doctor to get on some medication temporarily.
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one.  Just as we type.  I told some nasty things to my husband just because he put the fish in our freezer that he caught today.  After 4 kids I hope he understands me.  I just can't stop crying now.  Whats wrong with me?????
I am not very pleasant these days either.  My dh (who I adore and he is my best friend) annoys that snot out of me.  I feel like throwing things at him.

I sure hope you have an easier time with this baby and that ppd by-passes you.
Thank God some other women are experiencing the same feelings and im not going completely insane! lol I feel really bad now... after I wrote the comment my husband said something to me and it really made me angry, so I told him to leave me alone and he wouldn't, so I threw my cell phone at him... and it broke on his head... I hate the way im talking to him and they way im acting... Im worried its going to get worse, because with my first child, I had postpartum depression for 8 months! I called the doctor and got a prescription for antidepressants, but they made me worse! I was so upset... Ive now told my husband I want a divorce about 6 times within the past 32 weeks, and i've thrown my wedding ring at him more times than I can remember... I just try to tell him my hormones are going crazy but he just wont listen!!! I don't know what to do... I hate being a complete b**** to him and my family all the time, but EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING they do irritates me... i'm finding now that when people tell me something I dont like, I run into my room and burst into tears! This is so annoying lol... No one wants to be around me because I wear my heart on my sleeve, and im mean to everyone. Hopefully this will subside sooner than later!!! Oh and thanks for the comments guys! They are much appreciated!!!!!
I need to let my poor husband read this!!!!  He is the most wonderful husband in the world and no matter what he does I get mad.  I get irritated when he touches me or kisses me too.  I am only 16w so we have a long way to go too!   I'm glad I'm not alone on this!