My son's stool issues starting up again!
Okay  I don't know if everyone knows about Carmine's stool issue. he was going hard for a long time so bad he bleed and screamed for 2 1.2 months, my doctor told me get him on a strick diet, at his 12 month check up. Fruits and veggies chicken, nothing that will make him go hard. Well I have for two months, it gets better but if he doesn't drink real pure prune juice or if i dont give him miralax which is a strong laxative he goes hard. Lately I've gave him the miralax and nothing is working. He woke up last night out of his sleep pushing and screaming he started to shake from the pain! My docs office is close so i have to just call and make an appt right now because she isnt in. What are other possibilities. What other advice could she give me if I've done everything. Is there something else wrong? I mean he pushes all day and goes at the end of the day or next, he is holding it in, because he knows it will hurt

Has anyone ever been through this?
what else could be the problem?
I'm sorry he is going through this!

I hope they give you more answers!!!
Unfortunately once you have to start using products to help them go, the body gets used to it and then will not respond without those medications, basically they become dependent upon them to function.

Is he on milk? How much does he take in? What about other dairy?

he drinks a lot of milk more than 16 oz a day, he eats chesse on his veggies sometimes only not that much but mostly just milk for dairy
have you tried giving him a daily stool softener instead of laxative?  

or now they have those powder fiber supplements that aren't gritty like the old stuff.  I have used them in the past for myself and it really has no taste or texture.  It has been a while, so I can't remember the name for sure.. maybe benofiber or something like that.  Maybe ask your dr if you can put some of that in his milk or juice.  
i gave him pedilax doesnt work much, i read something that babies develop called a "fissure" i guess its a tissue inside them, that when they push it hurts very very bad and they hold their poop in, im so upset, atleast tommorrow is monday i will be calling my doctor right away
I would back off the milk a little, give him yogurt to get his dairy for a week or so. See if that helps.

Watch juice because if it is a fissure, the sugar from the juice can cause his stool to burn the fissure, making it even more painful.