Maternal & Child Community
My success story with Geritol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My success story with Geritol

Hey everyone! I have not been back on this site in a while, but I do have a story to let you ladies know out there that are ttc and have questions about Geritol tonic or complete. About a year and a half ago, I found this website because I was so depressed because we were ttc with no results. After a painful miscarriage in July of 2007 and everyone around me getting pregnant, I asked my midwife for anything that she thought might help me feel better. I have a history of being anemic so she told me to try taking Geritol tonic. She said it would be really gross but a lot of women have gotten pregnant after taking it. She said taking the Geritol complete didn't get fully absorbed, but was good as a multivitamin for everyday use. I think I started taking the tonic everyday at the beginning of December 2007. I think it was the 9th, but don't quote me on that. The following weekend, my husband and I went out of town to go Christmas shopping. We had sex on the 12th and on January 4th, 2008, I got a positive pregnancy test. When I had my first ultrasound on February 8th, my doctor said my baby was conceived on December 12th 2007! Now I am not saying the tonic was the reason I got pregnant, but what I think is that it helped my body get the nutrients I needed to become pregnant. I now have an 8 1/2 month old STRONG baby boy. I am so happy! I think we all know being healthy is the first step to becoming pregnant. I know I don't know much about fertility drugs or IVF, but I do know MY story. If it doesn't help you get pregnant, atleast it is a good complete vitamin and I strongly recommend it. I hope this helps anyone and everyone trying to conceive. I know how it feels to hurt for a baby. I just wanted to help give you all hope. I hope this inspires you. Lots of baby dust and hugs... I think hugs are important for us women! Good luck and God bless!

P.S. If you reallllly can't bear the taste of the tonic, try the complete. It's worth a shot!