Maternal & Child Community
NEED to know whether or not to get a flu shot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 33 and about to try to concieve (conceive) in a few weeks. I have asthma and am supposed to get a flu shot. I do not want to risk it because of the mercury being in my system causing possible birth defects. I did not have one with my other two very healthy children. My husband may also get a flu shot, (is it released in sperm?) I just cant decide what to do-----Help!!!!!!!!
Avatar n tn
Get a mercury-free flu shot.... the way I did that was to request the preservative-free pediatric flu shot. they have to give you 2 shots but who cares? you do not HAVE to get the shot with mercury. Do not let them convince you. I am breastfeeding and have a 3 week old baby and my doctor warned me against with flu shot with mercury.
Yes, get the flu shot.