Maternal & Child Community
NEGATIVE PREGNANCY TEST, PROGESTERONE AND NO PERIOD
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

NEGATIVE PREGNANCY TEST, PROGESTERONE AND NO PERIOD

I've been on progesterone since ovulation and stopped about a week ago, I tested negative yesterday, but no period.  I thought I should continue with the progesterone.  Now the advice I'm getting is to stop the progesterone all together, my doctor said to take it til my period comes.  I have been crampy and very uncomfortably bloated since yesterday.  Any experiences to tell about?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i had the same situation when I was on progesterone. it postponed my period for over 10 days and finally came 2 days after I quit taking it. if you are uncomfortable stopping the progesterone because of a negative urine pregnancy test ask your doctor for a blood test before stopping. i'm sure they'd be happy to comply.

fyi- progesterone side effects can mimick pregnancy symptoms.
Blank
the same thing happened to me, I was taking progesterone and once I got the negative pregnancy test, my doctor told me to stop taking the progesterone.  She said it prolongs the period from coming on.  Once I stopped taking it, I got my period a few days later.  She did also tell me that it does mimick  pregnancy.  I would check w/your doctor again.  Good luck!
Blank
I was on injectible progesterone and when I got my negative pregnancy test my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) told me to stop taking it. My cycle started 2 days later. He said that the progesterone will stop your cycle from starting since the progesterone tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant, so your cycle won't start. When I had my m/c, I was on progesterone, and although it m/c at 6 weeks, with having the second u/s at 7 weeks, he finally took me off of it at 8 weeks, and only then did my cycle start, even though it was m/c before then. So, yes, taking progesterone will delay your cycle starting.
Blank
i take 100 mg of pregesterone the last 15 days of my cycle.When Im supposed to start i stop taking it. My period never came.3 days late i went for a blood preg test.It was negative. Normal?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...