Maternal & Child Community
Natural ways to boost progesterone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Natural ways to boost progesterone?

Hi, ladies
I just miscarried a week ago. I am beginning to believe it had something to due with my progesteron level being low and not allowing my lining to get thick enough for the baby to get a good hold. I read yesterday when one of you asked about exercise and how that can drop your progesteron levels. During the time I conceived I was living at my in-laws house who have a farm. I walked all over the farm almost every day and helped with there cattle. So alot more activity than I am used to. My ? is, is there anyway naturally to boost the progesteron hormone? Personally I think I usually have a good amount because always around the time I am to start af I get really hot and I didn't last month. I also wanted to know how many of you had a miscarriage and then got pregnant again before you had your first af? Thanks for all your thoughts.
Brandy
I had a miscarriage 2 months ago, amd am TTCing  again. DId your doc check ypour progestrone level. IS there any reason that you think your progestrone level was low? I used to get breast tenderness right around my period time (A sign of increased progestrone level). I lost this symptom for a while now, but my doc never mentioned anything about my progestrone being low.
First, I am sorry for your loss. I experinced my 3rd July of 2006.  Since it was the third, I now qualified for some indepth studies. I was told that Progesterone levels were important, but they could only view the levels post the loss.

I am 5w5d now...very early. I have been placed on the suppositiries and baby aspirin.  I go in next week to see if there is a confirmed pregnancy.

There are some sites that Ive seen that speak of natural herbs for progesterone, but i do not know anyone personally who have taken any. Most get them from their Dr. in cream or suppositories and take them while trying to conceive.  I have a friend who had 7 losses and had a baby girl last year.  She says the Progesterone works!

I pray this will make all the difference in the world for me.  

Time will tell!

Hope is Eternal!
Hi all!
I'm so sorry for your loss  :(  Progesterone levels are extremely important and can be tested for prior to losing the pregnancy.
I have had 4 miscarriages and am somehow pregnant again!  Due to some medical issues prior to conceiving the 1st time, they have tested my progesterone levels with each pregnancy.  I was low with each one, but this one is the lowest (7.2).  I am taking Prometrium but with this pregnancy they upped the dosage to 200mg twice a day.  I am only 5 weeks 2 days ~ or around there, but am praying every chance I get that this is the one that sticks!  :)
Good luck to you all!  
Imbalances of progesterone levels can occur from multiple conditions such as menopause, pregnancy, adrenal hyperplasia, certain cancers and PMS. The symptoms of this imbalance are relatively small (tender breasts, changes in libido, mood swings, and irregular periods among them) but the toll they can take on our quality of life can be dramatic. Infertility, an increased risk of miscarriage and an increased risk for developing cancer are just a few of the side effects that can come to affect us without the appropriate treatment. However, when hormonal treatment can bring about some of the same symptoms and side effects, what can we do?

Read more: http://www.testcountry.org/how-to-increase-progesterone-levels-naturally-in-your-body.htm#ixzz0fgWGJ8xy
Hi i have been trying to conceive a baby for 3 and a half years we have had every test done possible and there is nothing wrong with either of us.We did one cycle of ivf but couldnt go threw with anothercycle at the moment anbody out with some ideas.Weve been on clomid and metformin but they havnt worked i wont more of a natural way.I also already have a 4 yr old boy so it can happen.
I have low progesterone too! I had 4 babies all preterm and mc twins of three of them and also triplets. THey all came earlier and earlier and NO one told me why. My 4th died shortly after birth born at 23 weeks.

I got a tubal then found out what was going on and ahd a reversal. I was checked the day after O and my levels were 6.4 they need to be over 25 to show O. Then over 35 to show pregnancy at 4 weeks. I have used it all suppositoires, cream, shots and pills. I just ahd a baby 5 monts ago and he was my first full term baby! I used pills till 20 weeks then got shots till 32 weeks. It worked!

If you have low progesterone then NO diet or natural cream you get at rite aid/drug stores/healthfood stores will help with pregnnacy!! They are meant only for menopause. If you truly have low progesterone then you will have to get on med sto prevent mc, bleeding during pregnancy, pre term labor and pre term birth! Please do nto mess around trying other things and have another loss. It is a serious thing and only meds can help! I even missed my suppositries three days following O and loss a baby the onth before my last one! You take the meds the day after O till you either start or of you do not start a full flow or not all together get a beta HCG first befoer stopping the meds.