Maternal & Child Community
Nearly 7 weeks pregnant and bleeding! Please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am seven weeks pregnant in 2 days. I was at work yesterday evening and when I went to the bathroom I noticed I was bleeding. It was like a pinkish red blood. It only lasted briefly. I obviously panicked and went and saw a doctor in A & E. He was really insensitive and without doing any proper checks just said I was probably having a misccariage and how this is very common. And that there was nothing he could do as it was friday night. I have an appointment at the early pregnancy clinic on monday afternoon. But I can't stop thinking about it. Any advice? Is there really no hope?
The doctor should have never said that.

Plenty of women bleed during early pregnancy and go on to have healthy pregnancies.  If he didn't do anything to check you out, then there is no way to say that you are having a miscarriage.

Good luck at the clinic, and let us know what you find out.