Maternal & Child Community
Need Info on Q22 - Please help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need Info on Q22 - Please help

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me.
Since my daughter was born on the 8 December 2007, she has had a problem with her breathing being too rapid, taking breathes at 80 breathes per minute, we have been seeing numerous pedeatricians but no one can seem to put their finger on whats wrong with her. We've been back and fourth to Princess Margaret Hospital (Childrens Hospital) and having CT scans and xrays on her lungs and her heart and they've found several other abnormalties with her heart, it shows that a few of her arteries aren't where they are suppose to be, their like a mirror image of each other, I'm probably not explaining it properly but its alot of information that doctors have told us and it all sounds very scary.
Our last appointment was yesterday and now they are saying that considering these symptoms and the fact that her nose seems a bit flatter than normal, these symptoms are leading to Q22. That has been the only answer that we've gotten so far. I know that its not Down Syndromw because they tested for that when she was first born, they took some blood from her cord and it came back negative. I've been trying to research Q22 and can not find any info about it, so if someone could help me out with any info, symptoms, anything it would be much appreciated. The doctor briefly described it to us but didn't go into detail as we havn't tested for it yet and he didn't want to jump the gun and get us all worried (Too Late)
So as I said any info will be very very very much appreciated.
Thank you.