Aa
A
A
Close
Need help with Girls Names!
Hi Ladies,

I know that there were a few posts about names recently...and I need your help too!!!!!!

We had a boys name all picked out...but of course, found out that we are having a girl.  :) We pretty much agreed on a name (Kayla Naomi), but now my husband isn't so sure... So it is back to square one!

We live in Germany (DH is German, I am American) so many "typical" names (Like Stephanie, Jessica, Julia, etc) are are known in both English and German but are pronounced differently in the two languages.  Therefore we want a name that isnt so "typical" but also isnt too strange and too hard for either germans or americans to say!  dont want either of our parents to have a hard time remembering or saying the name.

Some of the possible names on our list are :
- Kayla
- Alyssa
- Ariana
- Nathalia

Like any of these???  ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR OTHER NAMES!!?!?!  do you think that Ariana or Nathalia are too different?

Obviously I like names that end in "a" :)

And none of the names can start with "J" because of pronounciation reasons (J is pronounced as Y in German)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cancel
19 Answers
Page 1 of 1
125692 tn?1189759435
I know a few girls names Ariana.  Well babies.  I think any of those names are fine.  Good luck to you.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
178590 tn?1294180367
I love the name Ariana.....that's so beautiful
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
lfb
I like Kayla and Arianna.  I am naming my little girl Anna Kate.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
164559 tn?1233711618
I love the names you have picked.

How about Ilsa?  Karina?  They also have Germanic roots and look nice with those differant last names.  My husband is Dutch so we have to find names that suit his name as well.  (And it is helpful if both sets of grandparents can pronounce it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Ariana is my favorite!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My daughter's name is Natalie and everyone always says how much they love that name.  Ariana is very pretty too.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks - I found that name looking at a magazine.  There was a baby born to the Dutch Royal family and her name is Princess Ariane Wilhelmina M
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Vanessa, Sara, Julia, Maura, Laura, Krista
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Ooooh, I have always loved the name Natalie, it is very pretty. I also like Daelyn, and Shaylyn. I like these girl names but already have a Madelyn, so I think one name that ends in -lyn is enough for us. There are so many options out there!! I thought Ariana is nice too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I love the name Arianna....what about Meiah...or  Kalianna..or Ayanna
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
179647 tn?1205354236
My daughter's name is Alissa.  I spelled it differently to put a differnet twist on it.  We call her Ali for short.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
130047 tn?1210285144
I like Natalia and Anna.  Best of luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
how cute!! What a coincidence!  I find out what im having on the 10th and if it's a girl my husband and i agreed on Makaila Arielle.  I thought that name was so cute!!  Our names are close huh!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
128449 tn?1192829269
My fiance and I couldn't agree on any girl names!!! We finally came up with Sienna Rose - which seemed different...and also great for a little girl or for when she grows up.  Good luck on your name hunt!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
177465 tn?1288242063
Ava?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
173820 tn?1224939758
Hi..i from New Jersey..and i know a ton of ariana's..but its a bueatiful name...how about the name Sienna?  good luck!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
my cousins are from Germany, and their parents are german and american too!  Their names are:

Natalie (pronounced with a short a)   and

Janna (J is pronounced like a Y and A is short sound again)

I dont know their middle names as they live with their mother in Germany and Ive only met them twice in person.  But I think their names are beautiful!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
173145 tn?1301704450
Ariana or Ariel are both beautiful i think what about a middle name?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks to everyone for your input!  I will show my DH your comments and see if he likes any of the new suggestions.

He is stuck on Nalani right now - I have relatives in India and so we also looked at some indian names.  But if she doesnt look Indian, maybe Nalani wont fit...  

What about Emma?  Do you think that that is ok for an adult?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources