Maternal & Child Community
Need help with Girls Names!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need help with Girls Names!

Hi Ladies,

I know that there were a few posts about names recently...and I need your help too!!!!!!

We had a boys name all picked out...but of course, found out that we are having a girl.  :) We pretty much agreed on a name (Kayla Naomi), but now my husband isn't so sure... So it is back to square one!

We live in Germany (DH is German, I am American) so many "typical" names (Like Stephanie, Jessica, Julia, etc) are are known in both English and German but are pronounced differently in the two languages.  Therefore we want a name that isnt so "typical" but also isnt too strange and too hard for either germans or americans to say!  dont want either of our parents to have a hard time remembering or saying the name.

Some of the possible names on our list are :
- Kayla
- Alyssa
- Ariana
- Nathalia

Like any of these???  ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR OTHER NAMES!!?!?!  do you think that Ariana or Nathalia are too different?

Obviously I like names that end in "a" :)

And none of the names can start with "J" because of pronounciation reasons (J is pronounced as Y in German)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related Discussions
19 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
125692_tn?1189759435
I know a few girls names Ariana.  Well babies.  I think any of those names are fine.  Good luck to you.  
Blank
178590_tn?1294180367
I love the name Ariana.....that's so beautiful
Blank
I like Kayla and Arianna.  I am naming my little girl Anna Kate.
Blank
164559_tn?1233711618
I love the names you have picked.

How about Ilsa?  Karina?  They also have Germanic roots and look nice with those differant last names.  My husband is Dutch so we have to find names that suit his name as well.  (And it is helpful if both sets of grandparents can pronounce it.
Blank
Ariana is my favorite!!!
Blank
My daughter's name is Natalie and everyone always says how much they love that name.  Ariana is very pretty too.  
Blank
Thanks - I found that name looking at a magazine.  There was a baby born to the Dutch Royal family and her name is Princess Ariane Wilhelmina M
Blank
Vanessa, Sara, Julia, Maura, Laura, Krista
Blank
Ooooh, I have always loved the name Natalie, it is very pretty. I also like Daelyn, and Shaylyn. I like these girl names but already have a Madelyn, so I think one name that ends in -lyn is enough for us. There are so many options out there!! I thought Ariana is nice too.
Blank
I love the name Arianna....what about Meiah...or  Kalianna..or Ayanna
Blank
179647_tn?1205354236
My daughter's name is Alissa.  I spelled it differently to put a differnet twist on it.  We call her Ali for short.
Blank
130047_tn?1210285144
I like Natalia and Anna.  Best of luck!
Blank
how cute!! What a coincidence!  I find out what im having on the 10th and if it's a girl my husband and i agreed on Makaila Arielle.  I thought that name was so cute!!  Our names are close huh!
Blank
128449_tn?1192829269
My fiance and I couldn't agree on any girl names!!! We finally came up with Sienna Rose - which seemed different...and also great for a little girl or for when she grows up.  Good luck on your name hunt!
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
Ava?
Blank
173820_tn?1224939758
Hi..i from New Jersey..and i know a ton of ariana's..but its a bueatiful name...how about the name Sienna?  good luck!!!
Blank
my cousins are from Germany, and their parents are german and american too!  Their names are:

Natalie (pronounced with a short a)   and

Janna (J is pronounced like a Y and A is short sound again)

I dont know their middle names as they live with their mother in Germany and Ive only met them twice in person.  But I think their names are beautiful!
Blank
173145_tn?1301704450
Ariana or Ariel are both beautiful i think what about a middle name?
Blank
Thanks to everyone for your input!  I will show my DH your comments and see if he likes any of the new suggestions.

He is stuck on Nalani right now - I have relatives in India and so we also looked at some indian names.  But if she doesnt look Indian, maybe Nalani wont fit...  

What about Emma?  Do you think that that is ok for an adult?  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank